Educate me- adult beginner acoustic guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    Nice. I have an Eastman mandolin. My son has an Eastman guitar. They are high quality instruments. Not typical of Chinese made stuff.
    Eastmans are high quality. I really wanted your Fender, but couldn't spend the coin right now. I have a buddy they has one and they're really cool guitars.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by austinRecurve View Post
      Yeah, I'm loving it. It adds some nice color to a few of my songs. Still rewiring my brain for the tuning.
      It's pretty intuitive (tuning in 5ths). Chord shapes are different than guitar, of course. But not hard. Simpler than 6-string chords and barre chords and such.

Comment

Originally posted by tpepper70 View Post
        I really wanted your Fender, but couldn't spend the coin right now. I have a buddy they has one and they're really cool guitars.
        Yeah, I liked the guitar. I just like a lot of guitars. I needed to make some room.

Comment

I was invited to a blue grass jam session at a friend’s house yesterday. 14 players, 1 banjo, 2 fiddles (and me). It was an experience when I was told “watch Mike across from you and play the same chords he does”. I just strummed softly.

I thought about y’all in Texas when the fiddle player started playing Amarillo by Morning. I said what the heck and the fellow next me and I did the vocals.

After 4 hours of playing, my fingertips feel like I picked up a hot pot .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I’m going to make a fire, and get some playing time in today.

Comment

Get it Bill!

Member selling the Taylor in the classifieds decided to keep it so I had to find another one.

"Blemished" Taylor 214ce plus from Strait Music in Austin.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! I’m happy with the GS Mini (for now).

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  Thanks! I’m happy with the GS Mini (for now).

Sorry if you misunderstood... There was a member selling a Taylor in the classifieds that I inquired about... he decided to keep it so I bought one for me from Strait Music in Austin.

Comment

You’re correct, I misunderstood. Sorry.

Enjoy the bew guitar!

Comment

New

Comment

Originally posted by BigOh! View Post
                        It's hard to beat entry level Yamaha Acoustic guitars..
                        I second an inexpensive Yamaha acoustic guitar. An electric will only get you 8th hot water with the missuss. Almost any country song can be played with 3 chords… G, C, and D. Master those and add F, Em, and A and you’ll amaze your friends around most any campfire.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
                          I second an inexpensive Yamaha acoustic guitar. An electric will only get you 8th hot water with the missuss. Almost any country song can be played with 3 chords… G, C, and D. Master those and add F, Em, and A and you’ll amaze your friends around most any campfire.
                          Truth right here. I've got 11 chords somewhat down and friends think I've been playing all my life. Lol. I'm just now 3 years in. I'm now venturing into electric guitar. Whole new ball game.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post

I agree on the chords. F still gives me trouble but I’m cheating only playing strings 2-3-4.

I moved upstairs to practice. Much better view than my play room downstairs.

Comment

Hey- I’m still practicing and playing. How are you folks in Texas doing with learning?

Never give up!

The horrible F chord (“the

F- playing the guitar chord”) can be learned with enough hours. I have played Hotel California a thousand times to work on the transition from D to F.

I still can’t barre all 6 strings (working on it) but can the high E and B.

Comment

Working on reading trebel clef with my mandolin playing, toured a studio in Granger, TX and will be booking some days to record there. Need to write more songs.

Comment

Working...
                                X