State Farm Homeowners Claim- Lowballed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
    My sister in Vinton, LA is still trying to her claim even fixed. Six months after the hurricane and is still tarped off, no work being done. She has had more inspectors out, some never came out. She just hired a public adjuster. State Farm sucks in her case.
    There are many unhappy SF customers over here

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
      State farm in Texas is an "All Perils" as far as I know and should cover pretty much anything. I'd try to have a conversation first. Usually it will be they will pay the minimum they think they can get away with and then pay anything over once an approved contractor comes to do the work and says, "Hey, It's going to cost this much".
      *with exclusions

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post

It's currently at 370K, up from the original 109K that State Farm offered on their third attempt to "be a good neighbor."

I could probably adjust again for about 4 of those a year @ 10%!

I could fish even more than I do now.

I haven't adjusted a claim since 2013 and still get calls. Somebody wanted me to go to NJ mid December for $40 an hour! When I quit laughing at her I told her I couldn't go anywhere right now cause the fish are biting! I imagine you could make more money sleeping in your own bed working 80 hours a week at McDonalds than that crap! Pass!!!

Comment

Will add another one. Had a claim many years ago from a pipe burst under my foundation and caused alot of damage. They hired their Engineer to come out and say it was from my neglect and I hired my engineer to refute his findings. They became steadfast and said they were not paying.. I said screw it and started writing State Legislators and finally got the attention when several of them replied and said they were start an inquiry into State Farm's actions. Literally the day they wrote me a check for 37K to fix my foundation, all of the cracked sheet rock, ruined flooring, etc. It took a year and half to to get that resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post

And as much as I hate to pile on, pending his permission to disclose the details of his claim, I didn't mention that one of my current clients is the largest SF agent in Ohio,

His claim on his own home in Florida with State Farm was grossly underpaid.

Guess who he hired to make it right?

It's currently at 370K, up from the original 109K that State Farm offered on their third attempt to "be a good neighbor."

They ignored mold even after I provided an independent environmental engineer and industrial hygienist to verify the interior damages and refused to inspect the damages again.

A quarter of a million dollars that they tried to screw out of their own insured.
            Who, by the way has a wife with breathing problems/asthma and congestive heart failure and isn't able to live in their home during the time period that State Farm has been screwing around.

But I'm sure the agent could have taken care of this....
            Rod, I've know you for quite a while, and all this time I just thought you were just a smart *** punk. I owe you an apology.

You are a smart, smart ***, punk!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
              I could probably adjust again for about 4 of those a year @ 10%!

I could fish even more than I do now.

I haven't adjusted a claim since 2013 and still get calls. Somebody wanted me to go to NJ mid December for $40 an hour! When I quit laughing at her I told her I couldn't go anywhere right now cause the fish are biting! I imagine you could make more money sleeping in your own bed working 80 hours a week at McDonalds than that crap! Pass!!!
              20% in Florida.

But my company doesn't charge that except in exceptional circumstances.

(we do charge slightly more for people that try to help - and that includes former adjusters)

I was on the phone with an adjuster in Texas yesterday who was complaining about the most recent Liberty Mutual fee schedule ($173 for 0-15K) - had to put him on hold to go in and pick up a 77k fee check.

It's definitely not right for the policyholders to have to pay for that, but they literally begged me to take the claim after being ignored by big blue's ugly cousin, Castle Key. That poor adjuster didn't want to talk to me after that.....

Comment

Working...
              X