Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Abbot allows red diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rubi513 View Post
    probably a filtration issue.
    I have owned multiple 5.9 an 7.3 diesels.
    I wouldn’t go back to either of those turds over today’s diesels.
    😳

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
      Probably a filtration issue.

No doubt the new diesels make stupid amounts of power. You probably can’t use 2 gallons of gas in a 26gallon tank to keep it from gelling in a new one either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
        No doubt the new diesels make stupid amounts of power. You probably can’t use 2 gallons of gas in a 26gallon tank to keep it from gelling in a new one either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Why would you do that when they make additives for that specific reason?

Comment

Link??

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            And not a moment too late.
            This is the most under appreciated comment on this thread LOL

Comment

I know a few people that have been caught running it and it cost them some hefty fines

Only "problem" I ever heard of was a guy claimed it gunked up some sensor in his fuel system but that he pulled it and cleaned it and it ran fine again.

Comment

I’ve been checked at the rig by the IRS
                They stopped in and check during rig move. My truck and all the rig move equipment. When they first showed my their credentials i was confused and said “**** y’all followed me all the way to Oklahoma over $1500 in back taxes!?” [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Abbot allows red diesel

Same here. Modern diesels are flat out better, more powerful engines. It’s the government mandated emissions systems that suck.

Also diesels that actually get worked seem to have less problems than the mall crawlers. I know a few hotshotters that have over 500k on their Cummins and Powerstrokes and they are 100% bone stock and emissions intact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Last edited by Mike D; 02-19-2021, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Red diesel is the same as regular diesel it’s ultra low sulfur fuel. Off highway engines have been tier 4 final for at least 6 years now. They have the same common rail and/or high pressure fuel systems with EGR, DPF, and SCR catalyst systems as everything else. Saying that red diesel will hurt an on highway engine is ignorant.

Comment

I haven't been able to wear my 7.3 out yet, so I'm still on my first one. I might get one of the newer ones after I hit 500k.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Referencing your thread title..................
                        Ya know, I'm pretty sick and tired of the govt.(on all levels)
                        telling me "what's allowed"........................
                        The govt, should do two things.............
                        Protect the citizens.... And keep the dam lights on.............
                        Other than that.......... Leave me alone.............
                        rant over..............sorry op... didn't mean to hijack.............

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                          Has anyone ever been checked? And by what agency
                          I never have :
                          I’ve never been checked ... but I do a fair bit of checking.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                            Referencing your thread title..................
                            Ya know, I'm pretty sick and tired of the govt.(on all levels)
                            telling me "what's allowed"........................
                            The govt, should do two things.............
                            Protect the citizens.... And keep the dam lights on.............
                            Other than that.......... Leave me alone.............
                            rant over..............sorry op... didn't mean to hijack.............
                            Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                              They changed red diesel from high sulfur to low sulfur in 2015. Should be ok now to run in newer trucks. Still wouldn’t chance it though because a lot of farmers tanks are contaminated with water and not filtered as good at the fuel stations. New trucks fuel systems are delicate.
                              This is what happened to me. My wifes cousin and I went out on a bender one night and when I dropped him off he topped my truck tank off (2004 5.9) out of his overhead storage tank. Before the next weekend I was having injector problems. I was always under the assumption that red diesel was the same as regular diesel just dyed?

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                                It’ll ruin injectors in newer trucks if used alot. The 7.3 and 5.9 diesels no problems
                                Hope you aren't serious

Comment

Working...
                                X