A good Generator under $500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AggieSportsman View Post
    Does anybody have any knowledge on the Pulsar duel fuel generators?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Pulsar-1...000B/308687064
    No.....but this is the one I'm going with.

Comment

Originally posted by AggieSportsman View Post
      Does anybody have any knowledge on the Pulsar duel fuel generators?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Pulsar-1...000B/308687064
      I have a pulsar 2000 inverter that I've been using for over 5 years now. No complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
        Just curious why you couldn't lift the eu 3000. Specs show it to weigh 67 lbs, only 7 lbs more than your eu 2000
        Honda did make a 3000 that was called the "handi", I have one I bought last year and the dealer told me they were not making them anymore. It is much lighter than the regular 3000, primarily because it doesn't have an electric start. I really like it and would like to find another one because you can put them together like the 2000's.

Comment

4000 watt Predator from Harbor Freight. This is the first time I've put it to the test and it worked flawlessly. I only start it about 1-2 times a year to run for an hour or two. Has never not started in 1-2 pulls in the 5 years I've had it. I put it up with a full tank of gas and sta-bil.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
            4000 watt Predator from Harbor Freight. This is the first time I've put it to the test and it worked flawlessly. I only start it about 1-2 times a year to run for an hour or two. Has never not started in 1-2 pulls in the 5 years I've had it. I put it up with a full tank of gas and sta-bil.
            I'm stuck between the 4000 watt and 6500 watt.

the 6500 has plenty of power but it's 200 pounds and hard to move and lift to put into the truck.

the 4000 is light enough to pick up and move around, but may not have enough power.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post

the 6500 has plenty of power but it's 200 pounds and hard to move and lift to put into the truck.

the 4000 is light enough to pick up and move around, but may not have enough power.

Buy a set of 4 wheeler ramps and push it up if you need to get it back into your truck....Where there is a will there is a way. I don't expect to move mine from my shop after I get it home. My neighbors will help me unload it, as I with theirs, and there it should stay. Hopefully the only time I will ever need one away from my house, the Predator 2000 will handle it..

Last edited by Smart; 02-24-2021, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post

I built mine a little more heavy duty, but these are life savers when your by yourself. Skinned a few animals on it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/hme-...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

I built mine a little more heavy duty, but these are life savers when your by yourself. Skinned a few animals on it too.
                  I designed and built one of these (not as fancy) Looooong before they hit the market. I should have reserved the copy rights.... I guess I can use it to lift a generator as well...

Thanks!

Comment

I bought a Predator 9000 from Harbor freight. It's a beast. I normally only buy throw away tools from HF. However, do research and check reviews on those Predator generators. They're awesome and way better value than the standard named brands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m told the Predators are an exact copy of a Honda, built in China and sold my Harbor Freight.

Guys in construction here say they always work. I bought a HF air compressor which turned out to be junk and returned it. My wife did not want to rely on a HF generator, so I looked at others and ordered a Cummins 9500 (same machine as the Westinghouse only black and yellow)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X