Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it does but it won’t fix stupid.

Comment

I hadn't had a 4wd in years, but got one recently. After driving in this crap the last few days, i won't buy a truck without it again. Huge difference. Could basically take off and steer without issue and saw plenty of 2wd trucks sliding around doing both. Obviously still have to be aware of road conditions, but MUCH better overall

Comment

I drove 40 miles Sunday and Monday night to and from work on 3 inches of ice.. there are a few things I won't live without. Gas for the house a fireplace or wood stove firewood and a 4x4 truck.. my friend down the road tried to make fun of me for cutting firewood . Saying you always cut firewood but it's never cold enough to burn a fire. Being prepared and not depending on the government or power company to stay alive isn't crazy. Putting all of your eggs in that basket will surely bite you.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1134 View Post
          My papa used to tell me "by the way you drive son, if you get a 4X4 you're gonna need an extra 50 ft of chain"

However, yes they make a difference in my opinion.
          LOL I can relate. Not much experience in the snow but other than a few times the 4x4 in my truck either got me more stuck and/or stuck 50-100 feet further.

Comment

Yes, drove 18hrs in ice and snow to get home from west Texas. Almost every 2wd vehicle I saw was on the side of the road flipped over. 4wd is extremely nice in these situations. Zero issues driving and stopping. However, be smart and take it easy driving

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              Yes it does but it won’t fix stupid.
              Perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                Absolutely helps driving AND stopping. Engine braking all 4 wheels slows you down much faster and safer. Lane changing with snow ruts is also much safer and easier. If you stomp on your brakes, all bets are off.

I have been using my wife's 4Runner this week (new to us last year). That thing is awesome in all wheel drive. I like my long wheelbase crew cab F250 for the highway because it has less chance of spinning out of control. But in town, give me the 4Runner every time.
                Our 4 runner is a beast in this weather really surprised me.

Comment

Question? Should it be in 4 high or 4 auto?

Comment

4 wheel high and drive cautious. I have been any where I have needed to go these last few days. My suggestion don’t go out unless you need to go out

Comment

Yes, a definite big advantage. But, it won't help you stop on ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
                        Yes, a definite big advantage. But, it won't help you stop on ice.
                        This. People just want to go, never think about stopping.

Comment

My truck hasn’t been out of 4x4 since Friday morning . Been doing 200-300 miles a day. No issues.

Comment

Yes

Comment

4x4 on ice is no better than 2 wheel drive unless you are chained up or have studded snow tires.
                              On top of that, being in a 4x4 gives a lot of people a false sense of security which then turns into driving too fast for the conditions, ultimately ending in a bad situation.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

on snow, yes it helps a lot

on actual ice, not so much

But if your truck is lifted and u have big tires, you are invincible. at least that is what drivers seem to think here

Comment

Working...
                                X