No announcement yet.

4 wheel drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely.It won't help you drive faster on ice/snow,but you can dang sure navigate..My dad told me when I was 15 yrs old.A 4wd pickup will get you out of many a jam..Don't ever,"wish you had one"..I've always had at least one...Mud? Now that's a whole different conversation!��

Comment

Trying to keep water open and animals eating I have driven more this week than in the last month. It helps me a lot. If the roads are empty I am driving fine at 35 - 40. Getting off the gas and letting the motor slow it down for the most part for stops and turns. My only problem are the people that think they have to drive 10 on the hwy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
        Absolutely helps driving AND stopping. Engine braking all 4 wheels slows you down much faster and safer. Lane changing with snow ruts is also much safer and easier. If you stomp on your brakes, all bets are off.

I have been using my wife's 4Runner this week (new to us last year). That thing is awesome in all wheel drive. I like my long wheelbase crew cab F250 for the highway because it has less chance of spinning out of control. But in town, give me the 4Runner every time.
        This. 4wd is always better.

Comment

yes

Comment

I’ll get to find out in the morning!!

Comment

yes

Comment

I used 2wd for years and never had a problem out west and all over Texas. I bought a 4WD truck last year and it definitely is alot better with overall steerage and starting from a stop. Ice on the road i don't go anywhere.

Comment

Absolutely, but don’t change your driving habits because you have it. In icy conditions I still treat it as if I’m in 2wd but I’m running in 4. Helps keep the back end from breaking loose on a slick spot, but like others have said it will get you in trouble if taken for granted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                    Driving absolutely stopping nope

Nailed it.

Comment

Been driving 4x4’s for 46 years and I will not have a truck without it. I doesn’t make me overconfident any more than a slicker makes me think I can float on water. It’s a tool that when used properly will help you when you need it most.

Comment

Absolutely

Comment

In the past few days I have driven all over East Texas picking up folks without power and taking them in...without a 4x4 I would have been the one needing help.

Comment

I thought this explained it pretty well

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMnT1gCYjP8"]How 4WD Helps You Stop on Slippery Roads - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

In the ice you really need snow chains, you can have the biggest baddest off road rig but with no traction you are not going anywhere.

Comment

Yes it does. I have had 4wd pickups most of my life and wouldn’t consider buying a 2wd.

Comment

Working...
                                X