Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric blackout - Is it all over Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We’re in Harris and never lost power. But a couple streets up did, don’t know why though

Comment

30% is solar and wind from what I’ve read

Comment

I want to know how they pick who to cut off and who to leave up, and who gets to make that decision.

Comment

Our power just outside of Graham went off at 3:30 this morning and just came back on about 3:00 this afternoon. Highly doubt it remains on for the next couple of days without interruption, but glad it is back on at the moment

Comment

I’m north of Waco in West, tx. Haven’t had power since 4:30am.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
              I'm in New Braunfels and have had power the whole time......I'm going to be pizzzed if it goes out after I say this haha
              Same here in gilmer, now I'm gonna go knock on wood lol. I have two sets of French doors that face north west, they've had ice on the inside of them since sometime yesterday evening. Heater has kept the house at 70° but hasn't shut off but a couple of times.

Comment

Ours has been out going on 11 hours in Conroe. Some areas still have it. It woukd be nice to actually have power for a few hours to warm the house.

Comment

We’ve had no blackouts where I am just outside of lubbock. Some of the largest wind turbine fields are as close as 25 mins to 1:15 away from me. Ironic isn’t it....

Comment

Who gets power and who doesn’t has more to do with if you have a hospital, nursing home, police/fire station, or other essential business in the same grid section as you. Has nothing to do with method or what’s going in the immediate area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Austin and Georgetown buy use solar supplements. I think PEC does as well along with some turbine.

Comment

I’m in New Braunfels and get power for 45 minutes then off for 1:15. My buddy owns a house a couple miles away and hasn’t lost power yet. Not sure how they are picking and choosing.

Comment

We got a message saying they were going to be doing blackouts, meaning they were going to be turning off the power as needed because of lack of power in the grid. Our power went out the first time around 3:00 AM to 3:30 this morning. Then came back on 30 or so minutes later. Then sometime around 6:45 AM this morning it went out again, then came back on about 30 minutes later. Since that time, we are getting 45 minutes on and 45 minutes off, all day. Every time we try to do something that involves electricity, the power is off.

My wife has talked to a lot of people, today. She says, some have been without power since early this morning, had pipes freeze as a result. Then others have not lost power. Then others have had power out for three to four hours at a time. Different areas, different situations.

Comment

Ours went out today around 12 and is still out, no idea when it will be back on.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                              Who gets power and who doesn’t has more to do with if you have a hospital, nursing home, police/fire station, or other essential business in the same grid section as you. Has nothing to do with method or what’s going in the immediate area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Totally agree, where we used to live had a retirement home in the grid and we seldom lost power. Ours just came back on, gonna turn up the heat and get the house good and hot incase it goes out again

Comment

Almost 1/2 of Centerpoint’s customers in Houston is without power.

They say capacity is reduced by 20-30%, yet all major industrial customers who signed up to do so in an emergency have been cut and 1/2 of the customers have no power. Something is not adding up.

Mines been out since midnight last night.

My brother’s out in Katy as been out since 4PM yesterday.
                                Last edited by Greenheadless; 02-15-2021, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X