No announcement yet.

Rolling blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well our house is starting to look like a flop house—some friends of ours haven’t had power since 3 this morning and are headed over with their kiddo to stay here. We have another couple with out power and they too might be headed over. Our little 2 bed/ 2 bath house is going to be cozy

Comment

Going on 15 hrs without power. We are blessed to have a fireplace and plenty of wood, gas stove and a generator to run fridge and freezer. The power has come on 3 times in 15hrs, for about 10min each time. I’m in brazoria, and I want answers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We are back up and running after being down since 9. Not gonna unhook the generator for an hour or so to see if they knock it back off again.

Comment

Originally posted by orchard View Post
          This is an epic failure of colossal proportion. Also lot's of people on here saying things that are false. Please quit guessing. The reason why I haven't had power to my house in almost 16 hrs now isn't because of "downed lines."

There is a lot of disinformation going around the web right now about this.

I am typing this from a hotel room not even 1/2 mile from my house where I lost power at midnight. Nothing rolling here. Fine at the hotel, just not the house.

Anybody watch the news this morning in Houston and see the "skyeye" shot? Funny how downtown buildings were lit up with no one in them yet surrounding neighborhoods were blacked out.

I have talked to people this morning that are in Pearland, Texas City, Spring, Woodlands, The Heights, all without power since midnight.

Got a 93 year old grandmother? What about a 2 month old baby?

Another day/night of this without power to heat homes and this will end badly.

ERCOT is deciding who gets power and who doesn't.
          How does that decision get made? Why do some nursing homes have it and some don't?
          Why are some rolling and some without it for an entire day?

Sounds like some more guessing using a tiny sample size.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
            Mines been out since 1am...no ice here just about 4 inches of snow. That won't cause downed power lines. What else could it be?
            North Richland Hills

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
            Not sure what all causes it with snow but we had power out here at home and at our ranch last time there was snow and no ice. I’m not a lineman so I don’t know all the different reasons. This time though we had a little ice not been heavy and I have see lots of poles laid over in the roads. Luckily the ones I have seen here affect very few people

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Bad guessing, at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Out since 2.30 this morning

Comment

22 hours without power here. Fun is long over.

Comment

We are back up and running after being down since 9. Not gonna unhook the generator for an hour or so to see if they knock it back off again.

Well that lasted an hour. Generator is refueled and gonna run it all night so if we fall asleep Darth Vader on his Cpap isn’t interrupted[emoji23][emoji23] ... still have friends and family local and in DFW that haven’t been out once and we have now been out 5 times ...

Comment

Called Karnes Coop a couple times today, been off an on since last night. Karnes said Ercot has directed them to do rolling outages do to strain on the grid. On for an hour off for 3-4 hours.

Comment

Tiny? Explain tiny when people from all over the state are posting on this thread about not having power for 22 hrs?

It's just a couple of us right?

Comment

Originally posted by orchard View Post
                          Tiny? Explain tiny when people from all over the state are posting on this thread about not having power for 22 hrs?

It's just a couple of us right?
                          What’s causing it? You said it isn’t downed lines so I assume you know what’s going on?

I have seen natural gas plants are having lots of isssues also so maybe just a bad combo of things not keeping enough power available. At least here at home they’re keeping us going but it’s been in and out 20-30 times today since we got up
                          Last edited by bphillips; 02-15-2021, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                            What’s causing it? You said it isn’t downed lines so I assume you know what’s going on?

I have seen natural gas plants are having lots of isssues also so maybe just a bad combo of things not keeping enough power available. At least here at home they’re keeping us going but it’s been in and out 20-30 times today since we got up
                            It isn’t a guess. Ercot came out and said it is a capacity issue. Notice how the distribution companies are always on their game on telling when you should get your power back, are all of a sudden quiet?

The president of Centerpoint laid out very distinctly what is going on in an interview with Houston ‘media’.

They basically said to Houston, there are no more rolling blackouts in our area. If you do t have power now, don’t bet on power till tomorrow afternoon at the earliest. They are trying to protect critical infrastructure right now.
                            Last edited by Greenheadless; 02-15-2021, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Power is back in The Woodlands

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                                Power is back in The Woodlands
                                Not in Sterling Ridge

Comment

Working...
                                X