Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
    Not in Sterling Ridge
    Surprising with the fire station right there.
    Does Walmart have power?

Comment

No clue, i rarely go back that far except to get my hair cut at Lisas.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        What’s causing it? You said it isn’t downed lines so I assume you know what’s going on?
        The lack of Nat Gas. We know that.

The issue is why have over a million households been without power for close to 24hrs now and some have never lost it.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
          No clue, i rarely go back that far except to get my hair cut at Lisas.
          Me either
          Let time i went there was this summer when the power went out
          That was the only Starbucks that had power

Comment

Originally posted by orchard View Post
            The lack of Nat Gas. We know that.

The issue is why have over a million households been without power for close to 24hrs now and some have never lost it.
            Areas/grids with critical infrastructure gets the juice.

If you are on the same grid as the local hospital, more than likely, you have lights.

Same thing happens during hurricanes and who gets power back first.

Comment

Tucker Carson’s show tonight talked about Texas blackouts good stuff hope everyone watched

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                Tucker Carson’s show tonight talked about Texas blackouts good stuff hope everyone watched
                Once again, this s humble brag of something?

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                  Mines been out since 1am...no ice here just about 4 inches of snow. That won't cause downed power lines. What else could it be?
                  North Richland Hills

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                  You can't be serious

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

If you are on the same grid as the local hospital, more than likely, you have lights.

The bar down the road has power. The subdivision across the street from it does not. Is the bar critical infrastructure?

Comment

Originally posted by orchard View Post
                      The bar down the road has power. The subdivision across the street from it does not. Is the bar critical infrastructure?
                      I would think so. Why are you not there?

Comment

on our 3rd outage in NW Austin.

1 hour at 230am
                        3 hours at 1230pm
                        off since 7pm

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                          I’m 7 miles north of Weatherford but we haven’t lost power yet. Certainly hope we don’t.
                          Good luck.
                          Both of my trucks fuel gelled up and couldn’t go anywhere. Luckily I had my trailblazer 325 here and I wired that sucker up to my cutoff box and we pretty much have electricity for nearly the whole house. So as long as we do t run out of fuel we should be good. I did pick up 20 gallons during the whole January ordeal so that kinda worked out I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

I did read that and makes sense for several areas here that haven’t lost.

I talked to my grandma earlier and their retirement community has been kept on the whole time so that’s good

Comment

We lost power at 3:45 this morning and it has not been back. Contacted our provider which is Taylor electric coop, they said it was because of the rolling blackouts. Sent me a couple of links in the reply. I went to them and read what they said, 15 minutes to possibly and hour. I replied to our coop that 8 hours was a **** long time for a 15-60 minute rolling blackout! They then said it was AEP transmission line that went into their metering location that was down. Now they are saying AEP is going to fix their line until sometime tomorrow. It is -2 right now in Callahan County. 48 in the house with a propane Dearborn heater trying to keep up.

Comment

Sure are a lot of whiny titty babies here!!
                                Was out of power for 3 days in the last go around!
                                Haven’t lost power yet this time and I live in rural Texas!!!
                                Suck it up buttercups!!!

Just poking the bear. I really feel for all that are without power. Just a few more days we’ll be back to normal.

Comment

Working...
                                X