Rolling blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
    My wife's family is from North Iowa.Everyone in her hometown has gas furnaces,and water heaters.I know very few people in my area of North Texas that has gas,unless they live in the country,with a propane tank.

Just another day at -4 degrees up here in the Heartland.

No blackouts, nothing froze up, business as usual.

Our high today is -3 and our low is -3.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Arrowsmith; 02-15-2021, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Been out since 2:00. Daughter lives a block away and never lost power.

Comment

Originally posted by DNTRanch View Post
        Guess I would have to say pretty disappointed in the State, everyone new this was coming and they are not prepared at ALL. Hate to see if we had a real disaster. There are states all around that can that can handle a little cold, this is ridiculous!!!
        Our leaders have failed us. I am not real happy about this

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
          Our leaders have failed us. I am not real happy about this
          It's because Biden tied their hands
          They couldn't do anything

Comment

I am mad at myself for letting my guard down. Ten (10) hours without power and my pool is an ice rink...

Comment

7.5hrs in Alvin. Town has plenty.

Comment

I have a generator and I am prepared. I have plenty of camping and backpacking gear, I am just disappointed in our great state. This is an embarrassment

Comment

12 hours without power on my street, yet everyone directly across said street has it. It’s a bunch of crap whatever the reason, but I’m glad at least I have generators and gasoline, and that my home uses natural gas.

On another note, is anyone in Spring, Tomball, or The Woodlands having phone issues? Obviously I don’t have internet service right now, but it’s barely working via data and that almost never happens.
                  Last edited by Etxbuckman; 02-15-2021, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Going onto 12 hr. Boiled some water on gas grill for Ramen noodles. This is a sad day for America. Never thought I would go without power this long because it’s cold outside

Comment

So much for rolling blackouts. Going on 8 hours off in grapevine.

Beginning to see some tin foil hat posts on FB that there are several plants going offline and won't return for another 24 hours.

Anyone here in on the know or are there any ercot links showing production broken down by facility?

please excuse brevity and dictation errors.

Comment

Whatever is going on in the Houston area is affecting my wife’s work computer. The network they work off of is down due to power outages.

Comment

7.5hrs in Alvin. Town has plenty.

Comment

Why are they doing rolling blackouts with so many outrages?

Comment

Originally posted by Redraider View Post
                              I'm in Weatherford and know several that don't have power. One lady lives in an apartment off 180 and hasn't had power since early this morning. The others are going on a couple hrs without it.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Same here. No power since about 2 AM. Getting a bit chilly inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                                This kind of stuff aggrevates me....shows how screwed we all are if something bad really happens. Over the past year there have been signs after signs of when things are needed the most, that's when you can depend on them the least.

It just seems that we could be past the point of not being able to handle a few days of cold weather, especially when other parts of the country can handle it for months at a time every year.
                                This is what happens when you move from energy powered by fossil fuels to “green” energy. Using green energy, we’re having to rely on (inadequate) reserves to respond to acute high energy demands where, with petroleum-based energy, it’s far easier to amp up during periods of high demand.

I’m carrying the mantra of a previous poster when I say...

We need more fossil fuels!

Comment

Working...
                                X