No announcement yet.

Since it’s cold and everyone is going crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I do is vent my cooker for several minutes before I start the timer for certain things. Venting the air is important for the best heat transfer. Water/stream transfer heat better than air.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      What the hail is wrong with y'all?
      Biden is president

Comment

Originally posted by Button View Post
        One thing I do is vent my cooker for several minutes before I start the timer for certain things. Venting the air is important for the best heat transfer. Water/stream transfer heat better than air.
        What elevation are you that your are running 15psi? Unless your I think above 2000 you only need 10 psi. Also at least on my all American you have to vent steam for 7-10 min before adding weight. And the timer doesn’t start till the weight jiggles.

Comment

Originally posted by Button View Post

I vent mine 10 minutes before i put my weight on .

Comment

People in Alaska can lots of salmon. I've never done it but the Alaskans swear by it.

Comment

I’ve been pressure canning for years. I can vegetables, and all kind of meats
              I canned some buffalo and carp and it’s better patties than salmon hands down.

Comment

Buffalo and carp......interesting

Comment

My grandparents did this all the time. Pork and venison was his favorites. I tell ya it’s some of the most tender meat you’ll ever eat. I will also tell ya it looks disgusting in the jar

Comment

Originally posted by Texas452 View Post
                    I’ve been pressure canning for years. I can vegetables, and all kind of meats
                    I canned some buffalo and carp and it’s better patties than salmon hands down.
                    I have heard that about Buffalo. Who would have thought it.

Comment

My parents canned a lot growing up. Veggies from the garden, fish, venison etc. I have been wanting to get back into it but I forgot how and I need a pressure cooker. I have to pick one up next time I see one. Some of the best food is canned and it keep for ever on the shelf. We even canned red horse suckers from up north once and you couldn't tell the difference from salmon.
                      Lots of memories.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                        I have heard that about Buffalo. Who would have thought it.
                        Need about a T spoon of vinegar In each jar to help dissolve the bigger bones
                        I use chicken seasoning for canned chicken it’s really good.
                        I use bullion,Worcester or teriyaki sauce for beef,pork and deer it’s unbievably good.
                        I can potatoes,carrots green beans,pintos,black eyed peas,navy beans and I even made pork n beans and ranch style beans.
                        U can add onions jalapeños r anything.
                        The kids showed up one night n all we had to do was open jars and heat it up
                        We had roast beef potatoes carrots ect in just a few minutes.

Comment

My uncle cans a lot of different stuff. It is really good which I was surprised just by the look of it in the jar.

He bought a storage building and he has a whole canning and processing kitchen in there. He processes all his own meat. Weather it is deer, hogs or cattle. I never turn down a meal at his house. I don’t have time to do things like that wish I did

Comment

Originally posted by SL1 View Post
                            My parents canned a lot growing up. Veggies from the garden, fish, venison etc. I have been wanting to get back into it but I forgot how and I need a pressure cooker. I have to pick one up next time I see one. Some of the best food is canned and it keep for ever on the shelf. We even canned red horse suckers from up north once and you couldn't tell the difference from salmon.
                            Lots of memories.
                            Be sure to get a pressure canner not cooker. Most canners can be used for cookers but not all cookers can be used for canners.

Comment

I's just funin'

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              It does look gross but I promise, that stuff is amazing
                              I'd eat it (b4 starving).

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                                Be sure to get a pressure canner not cooker. Most canners can be used for cookers but not all cookers can be used for canners.
                                Right
                                That’s very important

Comment

Working...
                                X