Going crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    This weather in Houston sucks. Cold weather and snow is so much more fun. Especially if it's sunny, can be outside in a long sleeve T at 0 degrees.

I don't know how you Texans handle summer LOL
    Friend of mine from New Mexico told me Texas winters are so much worse.

I'm sure if we were more accustomed to this kind of weather we'd wonder how someone could survive living on the face of the sun 6 months out of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
      Highlight of my day was showing my 6 year old how to do a proper donut in my truck at his schools parking lot. Never seen the kid grin so big.
      Good times

Comment

Went to Centerville to winterize everything and cut some wood. Back home today and hung tarps and moving blanket a d heat lamps for my 18 rabbits. Probably overkill since they seem to love it. But most are 3 weeks old.

Big pot of deer chili. Played with ham radios. Watching Homeland series. Good day. I hate the summer

Comment

Have had the boys outside most of the day with the occasional break to come in and warm up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife keeps asking “what’s wrong with you?” Inside... that’s what’s wrong!!!

Comment

You guys are soft lol. Who doesn't like winter? It only happens around here every 30 yrs or so. Suck it up

Comment

I have enjoyed it

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                  I made a trip to the grocery store at 8am and roads were a little slick but very drivable.

Got home and started a pot of Arrow Pilot Taco soup (why I went to store )
                  Built a fire for the wife

Then worked on going through closet that I started on Saturday

Outside to haul off 3 trailer loads of branches to the pasture, the wife wanted cut out of the yard Saturday

Grabbed a little lunch at 1300

Worked on more stuff in the house

Got tired of that and put some warm clothes on and headed to check the feeder ~1630. Watched 3 deer for nearly an hour, then a spike was slipping in but something caught his attention.
                  Sow and 5 good sized shoats (was 6 a few weeks ago ) showed up. Sow finally stood still long enough and I popped her.
                  Went back and got 4 wheeler to go look for her and check some other things out.

Made it back to house right at dark, closed chickens up and fed horse and goats.

Came in and changed and had big bowl of soup.

No reason to go crazy here, not letting temps in the 20's bother me

Work cancelled tomorrow, no telling what the wife has planned to go through/organize but I may have to sneak out and try and kill a coyote with the Foxpro
                  Your in denial. The length of you post exposes your craziness

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                    Cabin fever here after two days.
                    I don't know how people quarantined for months.
                    I made a pot of gumbo.
                    And a pot of Chili.
                    And a crockpot venison roast.
                    All my brass is now loaded.
                    Fletched a few arrows.
                    I might put on the coveralls and go work in the garden tomorrow if I can find it!

Nope. Garden is MIA!

Comment

Look for the baby boom in nine months.

Comment

Nice day for a walk.

Comment

Only time i ever wished I was in Houston. We are 6-10 inches deep at least here in the Hill Country area

Comment

I think it is great, just wish we had the infrastructure to deal with it. In the mountains you can always ski, fish, snowshoe or work in your heated shop.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                              Look for the baby boom in nine months.

Yep Lol. Gumbo Deaux Deaux and no Geaux Geaux tonight. Baby feeders are frozen.

Comment

7 degrees here and about a 12" of snow on the ground. You get used to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X