Wagyu Beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
    Looks good. Wife and I really can not tell the difference between Wagu and grass fed 45 day aged beef.
    My wallet notices the difference...................

Comment

Yes

Comment

Looks great.

I'm doing a wagyu New York strip tonight. It's the only thing HEB had and I've been wanting to try it for a while now.

Going with pink Himalayan salt only then shrimp and grilled zucchini.

Macallan 12 year and cheese cake to round it out.Click image for larger version

Name:	20210208_175015.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	24644611

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just left heb, and well i got me a snake river farms wagyu brisket for the low price of 140 bucks. It looks real good, has nice marbling and right at 20 lbs. Cant wait to cook it

Comment

My HEB had NY strips on sale for $3.97/pound in the select family packs. The only problem was it was limit 2.
            They also had bone in pork shoulder roasts for $1/pound. Not having cooked one of those before I only picked up one. Recommendations? Thinking about throwing it on the smoker or in the instant pot some day.

Tim

Comment

Man I may have to go back to Costco. They have waygu briskets for $4.99/lb now

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                Looks good. Wife and I really can not tell the difference between Wagu and grass fed 45 day aged beef.
                My wallet notices the difference...................
                I raise grass fed American Aberdeen and it has great flavor with only half the fat content...

tending the fire,
                Bob G.

Comment

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
                  My HEB had NY strips on sale for $3.97/pound in the select family packs. The only problem was it was limit 2.
                  They also had bone in pork shoulder roasts for $1/pound. Not having cooked one of those before I only picked up one. Recommendations? Thinking about throwing it on the smoker or in the instant pot some day.

Tim

Pulled pork! I treat it like brisket. Let it go uncovered until internal temperature hits 165° then wrap it tight and let it finish until internal temp hits 200-205°. Let it rest at least an hour.

When it is uncovered be sure to spray it with liquid to keep it moist, a bowl of water in the smoker won’t hurt either.

Love a good H‑E‑B deal!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob G View Post
                    I raise grass fed American Aberdeen and it has great flavor with only half the fat content...

tending the fire,
                    Bob G.
                    Yessir...that's because your Aberdeens are about as much Wagyu as that stuff they sell at HEB or most restaurants. Americans have *******ized the Japanese beef industry just like they did the Labrador Retrievers and tried to do with French champaign. Hard to go wrong with good grass-fed British-based breeds.

https://www.mashed.com/282674/the-re...probably-fake/

Comment

Hummmmmm

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      Yessir...that's because your Aberdeens are about as much Wagyu as that stuff they sell at HEB or most restaurants. Americans have *******ized the Japanese beef industry just like they did the Labrador Retrievers and tried to do with French champaign. Hard to go wrong with good grass-fed British-based breeds.

You may want to do a bit more research. Think you got American Aberdeen mixed up with the other breeds out there...

tending the fire,
                      Bob G.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob G View Post
                        You may want to do a bit more research. Think you got American Aberdeen mixed up with the other breeds out there...

tending the fire,
                        Bob G.

I think you misunderstood me. I was complimenting your breed, and pointing out that all this wagyu being bought is fake as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

misunderstood

I think you misunderstood me. I was complimenting your breed, and pointing out that all this wagyu being bought is fake as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I realize I did and thank you for clearing my train of thought. The thought process thru writing and understanding can be trying... I apologize.

tending the fire,
                          Bob G.
                          Last edited by Bob G; 02-14-2021, 09:53 AM. Reason: add

Comment

My shop sells "Wagu" at $35.00 lb
                            Grass fed 45 day wet aged at $18.00

We can not tell the difference......................

Comment

Well said Curt, was thinking the same.

Comment

Going to feed out 50% wagyu 50% brangus for 2 months and have it processed and see what it turns out. Herd great results. 80% prime beef. Might have a side or two fir sale come end of June. Looking at $7 a pound hanging weight

Comment

Working...
                                X