Die off from the big freeze?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Die off from the big freeze?

Wonder if this prolonged freeze will kill off some deer.

Prolly not, but we can kiss our peaches goodbye.

Comment

Texas deer are pretty resilient. Dang things live with half their side missing and bullet holes in em, i'd bet they will be fine.

The big issues start when snow covers up the browse, and gets so deep they can't move. We used to run snowmobile trails all through our woods so the deer would have hard pack to walk on in February and March.

Comment

Whitetail are pretty good in cold weather. It's the exotics that are going to take a hit, especially the black buck. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
          You already have peaches blooming?

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
            Yours are already budding?

Won't mature ones be fine if no early budding?

Comment

Deer are deer. Here in Michigan it's cold like this for 2 months. Actually colder. Some times we find a dead deer or two from starvation but not often.

Comment

My biggest concern would be water sources getting frozen and staying frozen...

Comment

I'm hoping this freeze does a number on the mosquitoes. I feel for all the people on here talking about their pipes, RV's and pools, but I'm glad we got a hard freeze in the Houston area to dwindle the mosquito population

Comment

Hope my turkeys survive as well or its gonna be a no bueno season.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Hope my turkeys survive as well or its gonna be a no bueno season.
                      I hope all of mine die or just fly over to you

Comment

Most of the wildlife will be just fine. They are survivors. Only the old and sick might struggle and this will only last a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                          I'm hoping this freeze does a number on the mosquitoes. I feel for all the people on here talking about their pipes, RV's and pools, but I'm glad we got a hard freeze in the Houston area to dwindle the mosquito population
                          This. I'll gladly fix a broken pipe or 2 if it keeps those mo$%%^#uc%^rs at bay.

Comment

Cold won't hurt mosquitoes and may even make them worse. Worst swarms of mosquitoes on the planet are found on the Alaskan tundra.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                              Cold won't hurt mosquitoes and may even make them worse. Worst swarms of mosquitoes on the planet are found on the Alaskan tundra.
                              Been there. THEY BITE

Comment

Working...
                              X