No announcement yet.

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw a small 6 yesterday evening, been on camera all year but that was the first time I'd put my eyes on him. Leaving the house now for the morning sit.

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Looks like they're getting hungry. Last two mornings my main target has been out eating corn. Hopefully he does it Thursday too!

Comment

Yesterday morning I had one group of 8 bucks come out going to the feeder. Looked like a herd of elk.

Comment

Good luck to all this week.

I am hoping to make a quick trip to get at least one last sit before end of season on Sunday.

But I really need to get into the muzzle loaders. Haha

J

Comment

Well, my season is done. Had a good sit this morning, the small 6 came through again as well as 2 doe, and a bobcat.

It was a good year, got a doe in Van Zandt count and a spike in Cass county. Wasn't able to get on any of my target bucks in Anderson county though. Looking forward to next season already.

Comment

Originally posted by NewBallCoach View Post
                Well, my season is done. Had a good sit this morning, the small 6 came through again as well as 2 doe, and a bobcat.

It was a good year, got a doe in Van Zandt count and a spike in Cass county. Wasn't able to get on any of my target bucks in Anderson county though. Looking forward to next season already.
                Dang, thats a bummer man. Its cool you got some meat in the freezer.

Hopefully next year is better. That is what I am hopping.

Not looking good for me at the moment to get a last sit in this season. I will be rationing the last couple packages of venison I have from last season.

J

Comment

A nice 10-point I've been hoping to catch up with at our farm has been around of late. I wasn't' planning on going back to the farm at all this season but he's big enough I'm giving serious thought to one more attempt this weekend.

Really hoping this cold snap gets them up looking for carbs.

Comment

Hunted 1 sit all December. I don’t know if it’s ve even worn a jacket in tree all year. Lol. Made my final move of the season this afternoon in plans for the front this weekend. It’s a nasty red oak with multiple trunks and vertical limbs, but I’ve watched deer under it about every time I hunt where I can see it. Last 2 times I’ve seen main event he walked under it (just a trail in a ridge, but has several scrapes under it). Always wanted to be in it but didn’t want to risk getting in there and out, I got nothing to loose now, so ALL IN!

I hoped this 70% chance of rain would wash out any scent I left…. Ya know how much we got?…. NONE!

It’s the best plan I got…. And it ain’t that good. Lol. If they miss wind direction like they do 1/2 the time, the. It’s all a waste anyway, other than it’s prepped for a possible future hunt
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Low Fence; 12-29-2021, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I’ve had a nice 8 hopping in the hand corn pen like clockwork a little after 6 every evening. He hasn’t made a daylight visit yet. Knowing he was bedded close, yesterday I decided to try to backtrack him. I had a choice between two trails and wouldn’t you know I picked the wrong one. I bumped him on the way out. I don’t think he smelled me so I think I’m good. Hopefully he mistook me for the big boar that’s been raising sin in the area. I’ll be after him tomorrow evening. I’ve never back tracked one off of corn like this. Anyone have success like that?

Comment

It's been tough at our lease the past few days with only a few deer seen by 5-6 hunters. The hot weather and new logging activity pretty much shut down the daytime action, but the deer are hitting the corn hard at night.

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                          I’ve had a nice 8 hopping in the hand corn pen like clockwork a little after 6 every evening. He hasn’t made a daylight visit yet. Knowing he was bedded close, yesterday I decided to try to backtrack him. I had a choice between two trails and wouldn’t you know I picked the wrong one. I bumped him on the way out. I don’t think he smelled me so I think I’m good. Hopefully he mistook me for the big boar that’s been raising sin in the area. I’ll be after him tomorrow evening. I’ve never back tracked one off of corn like this. Anyone have success like that?
                          That’s how I hunt almost exclusively. Bait them somewhere then go find them in shooting hours $&@% waiting on them when they ain’t gonna show. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            That’s how I hunt almost exclusively. Bait them somewhere then go find them in shooting hours $&@% waiting on them when they ain’t gonna show. lol

From the way things went yesterday, it would have been a slam dunk. Apparently he wasn’t too far off waiting to hop in the pen. I guess he just sits back and waits

Comment

Well that’ll do it for the general season. Still got the rest of the month at the lease though, but i’m pretty much ready to start working on next season.

Comment

Enjoyed the season, probably my most active in several years. Looking forward to next season already, my brother and I are going to try some of the no-till food plotting this next season. See everyone again in about 6 months!

Comment

Working...
                                X