No announcement yet.

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll make my last hunt for the season in the morning. No prospects but I still have my trophy tag for this lease in my pocket. Probably shoot one more doe unless I see something else I like.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunted Thursday and Friday and saw a LOT of deer. Thursday morning I had 9 different bucks eating hand corn down a cut through some thick brush. Friday morning I stalked up within 40 yards of a broken off 8 point and a beautiful piebald spike.

The deer are hungry and hitting the hand corn hard!

Comment

Good report. I’m seeing the same thing. Bucks are grouped up and still interested in the ladies. All on corn and protein. Older bucks are still solo on my place.

Comment

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. I am currently sitting in a pop up blind wearing shorts and sweating my tail off. Feels like bow season right now in Texas

Comment

Merry Christmas to all.
            I'm alo sitting in a blind, box blind. Managed to get out of work early enough to get one last sit before my shoulder surgery on Tuesday. And yes, my undercarriage is a little sweaty!

Comment

Finally got to hunt in December yesterday…. $150 in feed a week and 1 sit… nada. Should have took a kite

I’ll take another nephew pig hunting this evening. But don’t know if I’ll even be able to go again in general season. Found the absolute perfect tree to move Lola’s ladder stand to after general for youth season. If I don’t kill main event I want her to.

Her stand that was so hot, is all doe and scrubs. They will be cut off feed bill Monday if no shooters on camera. It’s mainly doe year round there anyway except November. It was hot while it lasted

I ain’t seen kaboom in a long time, he could be gone.

The nice 8 that Lola couldn’t get on, in early season was at her stand 3 times Thursday in daylight….. but we had to look a Christmas lights. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                Merry Christmas to all.
                I'm alo sitting in a blind, box blind. Managed to get out of work early enough to get one last sit before my shoulder surgery on Tuesday. And yes, my undercarriage is a little sweaty!

The sweat was worth it.

Comment

That's a cool looking buck!! Congrats!

Comment

Man what a great buck! Congratulations! What a great way to end the season. I pray blessings on your shoulder and health!

Comment

Nice looking buck. Congratulations!!

Comment

Merry Christmas to all.

I see a huge monster buck in your near future .

Comment

Checked cameras after getting out of the stand last night and had a really good 8 show back up, I thought for sure he'd been taken. So I went and threw out 200 pounds of corn. I've got 2 more days off and will hopefully get lucky here at the end

Comment

Originally posted by NewBallCoach View Post
                            Checked cameras after getting out of the stand last night and had a really good 8 show back up, I thought for sure he'd been taken. So I went and threw out 200 pounds of corn. I've got 2 more days off and will hopefully get lucky here at the end
                            Good luck to ya! Let us know how you do.

Comment

Good luck to ya! Let us know how you do.

Thanks, I will. And congrats on yours, he's a heck of a deer

Comment

The sweat was worth it.

Wow, nice buck.

Definitely looks worth being in the heat.

edit: Just saw the pics from other thread and wow again. Some masssss!

J
                                Last edited by JhuntsAlot; 12-27-2021, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X