2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aggiehunter3 View Post
    Finally something to get the heart pumping. This guy showed up on camera a couple days ago. Sorry for the grainy pics, but had to take a pic of the computer screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow!

Comment

That would be a “good one”….!!!!

Lola and I sat on a ridge in a 2 man ladder. Seen 4 doe and and small 9 came in at last light. Perfect! Wasn’t a shooter and he ran everything off so we didn’t have to sit up there all night!

Seen 2 more doe and a set of twins on the way out in the meadow

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
        Oh hale yea. When you gonna hunt him?

I’d be there everyday!!! The heck with work[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Comment

Finally something to get the heart pumping. This guy showed up on camera a couple days ago. Sorry for the grainy pics, but had to take a pic of the computer screen.

Giant

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
            I’d be there everyday!!! The heck with work[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Atta boy. That would be my thoughts exactly. Jobs are a heck of a lot easier to come by than drop tines!! If that’s what I’m seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              Oh hale yea. When you gonna hunt him?

Well good timing for my dad…he’s off all this upcoming week so he will be on stand every day. I won’t be able to make it back out until next Saturday. I will keep everyone posted.

Comment

Well good timing for my dad…he’s off all this upcoming week so he will be on stand every day. I won’t be able to make it back out until next Saturday. I will keep everyone posted.

Good luck to your dad. I want to see that LDP bad.

Comment

Another great weekend to be in the East Texas woods!

I finally saw a big old doe last night and took a 6.5 year old one.

This morning I rattled in a small 8 point and a spike. They came running all the way across a big clearcut to within 30 yards. Pretty fun to watch.

Lots of deer moving this weekend, but their patterns are changing. Guys hunting the oaks didn't see as many as those hunting the open areas with new winter growth...a shift from recent weeks. I'm guessing the acorn crop is all gone or rotted now. Still lots of chasing going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                    Another great weekend to be in the East Texas woods!

I finally saw a big old doe last night and took a 6.5 year old one.

This morning I rattled in a small 8 point and a spike. They came running all the way across a big clearcut to within 30 yards. Pretty fun to watch.

Lots of deer moving this weekend, but their patterns are changing. Guys hunting the oaks didn't see as many as those hunting the open areas with new winter growth...a shift from recent weeks. I'm guessing the acorn crop is all gone or rotted now. Still lots of chasing going on.
                    I’m in Polk county as well. Activity is still strong but bucks are roaming out of their home territory and looking for receptive does now that they have covered the locals. Had 3 youngsters chasing yesterday morning but 10 does and no bucks this morning. A week ago I would see 10 bucks per morning. Hoping to see what got past the neighbors soon.

Comment

Rut round two seems to be in swing in SE Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                        Rut round two seems to be in swing in SE Texas.
                        I'm in Waller County. Up until just a few days ago, does were nonexistent. All locked down or just staying put. Whatever the case, they were not moving at all. Last sunday, didn't see a single doe. Saw bucks, but no doe. Yesterday, saw 12 or 13 doe. No bucks.

Should be another round in Dec. I hope to be tagged put by then, though.

Comment

Had a good weekend, had one of my shooters at 450 yards with a doe on Saturday evening and lots of smaller bucks chasing on other hunts.

Also saw groups of 4 and 7 does alone, seems a little early for that but we did have a wave in mid October I assume these are the does that have already been covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldensammy View Post
                            I'm in Waller County. Up until just a few days ago, does were nonexistent. All locked down or just staying put. Whatever the case, they were not moving at all. Last sunday, didn't see a single doe. Saw bucks, but no doe. Yesterday, saw 12 or 13 doe. No bucks.

Should be another round in Dec. I hope to be tagged put by then, though.
                            Could be your mast crop finally played out as well. That is what we are seeing.

Comment

I live in Harris along the Galveston line. I have lots of woods behind my house with no hunting allowed. Not my land... We have deer all over all the time.
                              This year I have seen does all over the same and lots of new ones but the bucks have gone MIA. The younger ones are around but the big ones we gone.
                              This weekend I saw 3 of the big locals out and moving around. All looking

Comment

Im still seeing nada. Very few does and a few juvie bucks. Hunted Fri eve and Sat Morning. Sat eve we were at a wedding and since its been so slow I decided to enjoy myself and sleep in Sunday morning.

Of course, the only shooter I have had on camera ate off the feeder Sunday morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X