2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
    My son killed a stud 6 point this afternoon. 18 3/4" wide with 5 inch bases.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Congratulations to your son, great buck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome trophy. Congrats young man.

Comment

Awesome deer!

Comment

[QUOTE=EastTx;15930567]My son killed a stud 6 point this afternoon. 18 3/4" wide with 5 inch bases.

Congratulations to the young hunter! That's a fine buck.

Comment

EastTx that's awesome congrats to him. I hope y'all are putting that one on the wall! Was he running does or just cruising through?

Comment

That is a dream buck right there.

I passed a solid 8 this morning. This is the second time I’ve had to talk myself off the ledge. Don’t know if I can do it again. LOL

Comment

One of the small bucks I videoed chasing on feed route Monday got splattered this morning.

I feel horrible for one of our youth group kids. He’s trying his hardest to kill his first deer and that one makes the 3rd deer hit in a 200 yard stretch this month. He can’t win for the traffic.

I may see if I can take him on a youth draw hunt as a stand by

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                  One of the small bucks I videoed chasing on feed route Monday got splattered this morning.

I feel horrible for one of our youth group kids. He’s trying his hardest to kill his first deer and that one makes the 3rd deer hit in a 200 yard stretch this month. He can’t win for the traffic.

I may see if I can take him on a youth draw hunt as a stand by
                  i have plenty of doe and a few spikes, not for from you, if you or someone wants to bring him across the lake. doe season runs till the 21st.

we just had a buck show up that my oldest wants to chase, maybe this weekend. if not now for sure in late youth season we can hook him up.

Comment

Soon as kids got off bus we changed and haul tail across road to Lola’s tower. Got set up about 4:15. At 5:30 ish I look out the side towards the edge of food plot I can see and there he is! Lola’s #1 on a string! He’s crossed the plot and is gonna pass straight in front of her shooting window. It’s the biggest buck she’s ever seen in the wild and it had her a wreck. The Nani second he hit our scent cone the looked straight up at the tower. All windows closed but the one shooting. He came 180* of where I expected. He had us pegged….

Lola was begging me “daddy make one of your noises… daddy make him come back” I felt helpless. He turned to leave.. then turned again and committed. I told her stay on him I’ll stop and you shoot if you got him. At 30 yards! He’s walking fast to get past us I stop him for a split second. He burns a hole through her soul and jumped the fence (I own too) and rumor has it he hasn’t landed yet. She was crushed. He was way bigger than I thought he was from pics. Not I have to retool and cross my fingers. That set is toast… and it’s the nice insulated luxury blind. Back to the pop up!!!

Sooooo close

I posted a meme with all of us in the blind that said “the quest for Deaf, Dumb & Blind”…. So now her buck has a name!!!!

Pinball wizard!

Comment

“Pinball Wizard”
                      Attached Files

Comment

I FINALLY drew blood today…2 stinkin’ pigs. Oh well. The itch has been scratched.

So I’ve moved from my lease to our farm, which is about 50/50 woods and pasture, and this time of year is great for catching bucks running does in the open. Except they’re not doing it. And nobody around us is seeing much either. And the stuff we are seeing is young. And our does…where are our does? I’m 50 miles from my lease, separated by two counties, and it’s the same perplexing stuff.

Comment

After last night mature encounter. I went after a doe herd I’d been keeping track of this morning (I hate morning hunts here). 15 minutes after daylight I look to my south at just the right time and catch “Stanky” walking by like he owns the place. Thermals were still bad and he wasn’t where I hoped bucks would be. He was parallel the doe trail vs on it. He went through my scent cone all clear! Then hit a boot track (ozone treated and scentlok). Rumor has it he is still running.

About 8:30 I see the does working through back of thicket… but only 2 instead of 4. I watched them check my south wind stand from every angle (it’s been hunted once). Then after being out of sight 15 minutes popped out and went to checking me from upwind… turned and left. I pulled that stand and backed off 50 yards to keep them in front

Checked Lola’s other stand for this evening first sit there. “Big Jim” was there yesterday morning (8.5yo 8pt) as well as “Main Event” about midnight….

Will be in daddy guide mode again today

Comment

Finally something to get the heart pumping. This guy showed up on camera a couple days ago. Sorry for the grainy pics, but had to take a pic of the computer screen.

Comment

Originally posted by aggiehunter3 View Post
                              Finally something to get the heart pumping. This guy showed up on camera a couple days ago. Sorry for the grainy pics, but had to take a pic of the computer screen.

Monster!

Comment

Originally posted by aggiehunter3 View Post

Oh hale yea. When you gonna hunt him?

Comment

Working...
                                X