• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    You should have shot him with your ar14

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Don't think I didn't have it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry for the crappy pic of my computer screen... New guy showed up last Thursday and Saturday night. No history with this one and we rarely ever see 10's on our place. It's like there's and imaginary wall at 9 points lol. We won't be hunting the Houston County place again until the week of athanksgiving. We are headed up to Throckmorton County Thursday morning through Monday for some different scenery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211108-172544_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	621.9 KB
ID:	24666949

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211108-172530_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	652.5 KB
ID:	24666950

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
        Sorry for the crappy pic of my computer screen... New guy showed up last Thursday and Saturday night. No history with this one and we rarely ever see 10's on our place. It's like there's and imaginary wall at 9 points lol. We won't be hunting the Houston County place again until the week of athanksgiving. We are headed up to Throckmorton County Thursday morning through Monday for some different scenery.
        Very cool. Like the little brow turn.

The 9's sounds like a common thing for the area. Hahaha. That the best we have also. Can never seem to get past the 9th one.

Good luck on your change of scenery.

J
        Last edited by JhuntsAlot; 11-09-2021, 07:16 AM.

Comment

activity picking up on my spots, had some new bucks show up this week, nothing to get me in the woods quite yet but its getting close.

great bucks fellas, keep knockin'em down!

Comment

I’ve said for years November 9-14 is the best of the best in my area.

First pasture I pulled into this morning is a sea of 10” tall blue stem…. Horns sticking up. I walk to him and he finally stands up with his doe. How she was completely hide in 10” grass still amazes me

A few places down the road I pull in and another buck is nose down trailing. No reason for a deer to be in that pasture at all.

11th is my prediction the big ones will be in ditches and doing the same as these young guns

Heard 2 shots this morning so far

Comment

Any updates from behind the pine cone curtain? Either 2 of my cameras are down or there is nothing happening on my big food plot. Have some smaller bucks hitting another spot after dark...but the activity seems to have dropped off a cliff since Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexun View Post
                Any updates from behind the pine cone curtain? Either 2 of my cameras are down or there is nothing happening on my big food plot. Have some smaller bucks hitting another spot after dark...but the activity seems to have dropped off a cliff since Monday.
                Last week my cameras were really active with crazy buck movement until Thursday and then they have pretty much went blank even night pics are almost non-existent. This is two different cameras 1 mile apart.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexun View Post
                  Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                  Last week my cameras were really active with crazy buck movement until Thursday and then they have pretty much went blank even night pics are almost non-existent. This is two different cameras 1 mile apart.
                  Seeing the same also. Not even seeing passerby's.

Kinda discouraging.

J

Comment

My 2 spypoints finally quite working just when I needed them the most. The were both still hovering around 80% battery life. Been over a week. At least it appears they still function as a standard camera saving on the SD card. Now I have to wait till I get to the lease to see whats going on....like caveman times.

Comment

Does are still pretty active on my cameras but thats about it. I haven't seen a buck on camera since opening day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Have the acorns about played out for y’all?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post

Ive seen no where near our normal acorn crop, but ironically deer movement is worse now than years with good crops [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There are a very few water oaks still with a few good acorns. Even my shumard are rotten.

Deer are still being seen in odd places and “Stanky” was spotted about 1 mile east this morning tending a doe. A friend that lives between videoed him and sent it to me to see if I recognize him

Main Event made it through the opener and was at a feed pen 4:30 monday morning. Ain’t seen kaboom is over a week, almost 2. New 9 pt was at Lola’s stand monday morning. I have no idea who he is

Next few days should be good if hunting cover!

Comment

Deer were moving all day on my lease this past weekend. Had a buck chase a doe within yards of my popup blind, and another one followed a doe to a feeder but stayed back in the brush.

Sunday morning was a memorable one. I decided to hunt a stand about a half mile from camp where a thin strip of trees forms a natural funnel through a large clearcut. As soon as I could see without a light I started the walk from camp. The fog was thick with visibility of about 70 yards, and I took my time glassing the clearcut as I still hunted my way to the stand...slow and silent with the wind in my face. When I stepped out on the other side of the strip of timber, I saw the faint shadow of a deer standing on a rise in the field. Dropping to my knees I glassed him and I could tell he was a big one, just standing there watching the horizon. He turned away from me, walked a few yards, and scanned that direction for a few minutes. Then turned and did it again, walking in a square on that little knoll. When he turned the last time, he walked directly to me within 40 yards and I could make out his rack, heavy but nothing real impressive. His body was VERY IMPRESSIVE!!! Nose like a mule and a body like a stud horse...muscles bulging all over. He was probably the heaviest buck I ever saw in Texas. He spotted a distant doe and took off across the clearcut after her.
                                Even though I didn't kill anything, the thrill of stalking up on a very old buck made my weekend. That magical moment was satisfaction enough for me,
                                and the image of that old battle scarred warrior like a shadow in the fog will be etched in my memory forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X