No announcement yet.

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided to go ahead and take a doe this morning and then made me and the wife a hunters breakfast. Fried tenderloin, eggs, toast (didnt have bisquits) and homemade gravy

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunt creek bottom near the SHNF in Montgomery county. Took a doe second weekend of archery to get some meat in the freezer. Hunted a little every weekend since and its been slow. Normally this time of year I have multiple mature bucks on cam, this year only a couple 3-4 year olds on cam and none with my own eyes. I heard the high winds knocked down a lot of acorns early which makes sense as normally thats when it slows. Hoping it picks up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hoping to take Lola to her tower blind when she gets home in a second. Ain’t been all weekend and kinda sour all together. On a good note: it sounds like my neighbor on this property almost has his rifles sighted in and his pistol! 2 more boxes of 9mm and he should be ready to go and be confident knowing he will be protected against a wild Russian boar hog…. Should one attack

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          Hoping to take Lola to her tower blind when she gets home in a second. Ain’t been all weekend and kinda sour all together. On a good note: it sounds like my neighbor on this property almost has his rifles sighted in and his pistol! 2 more boxes of 9mm and he should be ready to go and be confident knowing he will be protected against a wild Russian boar hog…. Should one attack
          So you found the culprit that has been hoarding all the ammo! Good luck.

Comment

My son got a good one yesterday morning. I'd be lying if i said i wasnt a little jealous, but im super proud of him. He picked a spot on the map neither of us had hunted before, and came out with this beast. 4 3/4 bases, 12" forked 2's on both sides.
            Attached Files

Comment

Congrats to your son on a nice one Allpublic

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                Congrats to your son on a nice one Allpublic
                Thank you.

Comment

Finally made my first sit of the season. It was with 4 of my kids but at least I was in the woods. Had yearling doe at 15 yd, 2 younger bucks at 80ish and a group of pigs fighting in a thicket. It was nice and I have a 10yr old that is definitely ready to get serious about hunting…..the other 3…….man they are loud!

Comment

Saw several bucks on my cell cams over the weekend harassing doe. Few of the big mature targets.
                    I’ll be home the 17 to hunt every day till turkey day. Should be wide open rut then.

Marion/ Cass Co.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Saw this guy at 20 today

Then shot a doe

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Blood trailing a doe i shot got the better of him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Allpublic View Post
                          My son got a good one yesterday morning. I'd be lying if i said i wasnt a little jealous, but im super proud of him. He picked a spot on the map neither of us had hunted before, and came out with this beast. 4 3/4 bases, 12" forked 2's on both sides.
                          Congratulations to your son! That buck is enough to make anyone envious.

Comment

Originally posted by Allpublic View Post

Great buck congratulations to your son! Maybe I need to get him to pick me a spot in the map!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This guy just wanted a little whiff of some

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                Saw this guy at 20 today

Then shot a doe

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                                You should have shot him with your ar14

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment