No announcement yet.

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've passed on some bucks hoping they live till the kid comes home from school. I felt like cleaning a deer this morning so I hauled my recurve to a ground blind.

The does slept in and showed up a little before 9. One was much larger than the rest so I decided to go full injun on her once she got to the hand Corn at 10 yards

She stood where I couldn't see her for seemingly 20 minutes and I got tired of waiting. So I drew, bent over in the chair and sailed an arrow over her back just to run her off.

I hope she still running. Greedy ******

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      Last hunt yesterday evening before war breaks out. Was a train wreck

Neighbor was home when I drove past and spotted me…
      Shot no less than 5 boxes of pistol ammo over next 30 minutes
      Bumped a small bodied “deer” right under my stand
      Neighbor drove 4 wheeler back and forth till 5:30
      Neighbor beat the crap out of something with a hammer setting up a feeder that I’ll imagine is on the fence again
      Tested feeder and talked about quantum physics till 6:15
      Heard a deer blowing it’s lungs out between me and my truck. No way it winded me and don’t think it was far enough south to cross my trail….

But that was it
      You must hunt on the other side of my neighbors. Lol. Every start of November they seem to have to remodel something around their house, never can figure out what they remodeled as their stuff always looks the same when they finish. Yesterday at 5:30 they were dragging their driveway with a tractor bucket and today sounds like they finally decided to drag the trash cans back up the driveway from Wednesday.

When I do see deer they have to be blind and deaf. I have 12.5 acres but it is only 100 yards wide and pretty long.

Comment

Even with all of the neighbor noise, 4 bucks chasing a doe across neighbors cow pasture headed towards my property.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
          That last one is a stud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          He’s a 3 year old 9 with split brows.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
            Even with all of the neighbor noise, 4 bucks chasing a doe across neighbors cow pasture headed towards my property.
            It’s amazing how deer will adapt to every day activity.

Comment

I don’t think I’ve ever seen things as slow at this time of the season as they are now.

Comment

They are slow, sitting on the pipeline and haven't seen anything yet

Comment

Slowest opening day in years for me.

Comment

I was in Houston today for some unexpected medical issues with one of the kids but just got off the phone with my folks and one of my brothers. Sabine county and it was on fire, the 3 of them saw over 15 deer and 3 different bucks chasing

Comment

I have killed and passed bigger deer than this in the past here at the house in Liberty county. I have a couple of years history and he was a 7 point last year as well. He was one of 4 buck that came by chasing a doe, not huge bt any means but tripped my trigger this afternoon

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        We've passed on some bucks hoping they live till the kid comes home from school. I felt like cleaning a deer this morning so I hauled my recurve to a ground blind.

The does slept in and showed up a little before 9. One was much larger than the rest so I decided to go full injun on her once she got to the hand Corn at 10 yards

She stood where I couldn't see her for seemingly 20 minutes and I got tired of waiting. So I drew, bent over in the chair and sailed an arrow over her back just to run her off.

I hope she still running. Greedy ******

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                        Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                          I have killed and passed bigger deer than this in the past here at the house in Liberty county. I have a couple of years history and he was a 7 point last year as well. He was one of 4 buck that came by chasing a doe, not huge bt any means but tripped my trigger this afternoon

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                          Great job

Comment

I shot my trophy on Thursday, and tried getting my nephew one this weekend. SLOW is an understatement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations there Capt.!!

Comment

Had a good sit this afternoon. Didn't see much, but it was nice being in the blind. Had a small 6 point chasing a young doe, just sat and watched as he grunted and chased, and they both spent some time eating in the food plot. Can't wait for next weekend to get here

Comment

Working...
                                X