No announcement yet.

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Activity has been pretty slow on our cameras this week but has been steady all day since the front through about 9:30

Comment

I don’t drink beer either. If I could just get off of this heroin my life would be good!!

Comment

I know I’m in the minority here but I don’t drink- I actually hate beer- so me bitching about lack of beer movement is kinda funny.

Anyway, wrapping up a few things here at the house and then I’m headed out.

Comment

Great idea, but $$$$

Comment

Been a weird season. Three weekends ago, watch 7-8 bucks running one obviously hot doe. This was right on track with historical rutting time for us. I figured, it’s go time!

Then, it went ice cold………. No signs of anything. Figured the moon last week would had them fired up, only to watch un molested does feeding with mature bucks that was also feeding together last weekend.

I don’t know what exactly to think. I did watch a nubbin buck fawn try to molest a doe. That had me pumped thinking we were almost there.

I am hearing the same stories from our place and others as well. One isolated hot doe here and there, but no typical wound up chasing activity.

Comment

I figured the wind would be strong enough to drop a lot of acorns but I didn't think it would drop ALL of them.
              Probably won't be much feeder activity for a while, but the better oaks will be on fire now.

Comment

I’m in braving the wind along the river in liberty county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
                  I’m in braving the wind along the river in liberty county

Same here. No movement yet

Comment

Won't be many akerns left on the trees round these parts after this blow!!

Comment

Our East Texas folks that travel 59 will get this one!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                        Our East Texas folks that travel 59 will get this one!
                        For sure [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh yea, gotta love that place. Sitting in the median coming into town either N or S bound. Almost as good as Diboll.

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter01 View Post
                            Oh yea, gotta love that place. Sitting in the median coming into town either N or S bound. Almost as good as Diboll.
                            You can count on it!

Anyone remember Humpy Parker?

Comment

I'll be heading through there shortly. Been pulled over twice on 287 heading out of town by the school going over 80 in a 55 lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                                I'll be heading through there shortly. Been pulled over twice on 287 heading out of town by the school going over 80 in a 55 lol.
                                Grapeland? I swear they’ve got more cops per capita than almost anywhere.
                                Last edited by Etxbuckman; 10-28-2021, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X