2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
    I’m shooting that deer one more time after he drops from the first shot. What a stud.
    Well, I'm probably just gonna have a bowel movement from being so shook up after he drops!

Comment

Gentlemen - I have a small 30 acre tract that is surrounded by other small tracts of land with people living on them. Hunting pressure is tough. In 20 years, never seen a good buck there. I will miss this weekend hunting w/ perfect conditions to hunt there b/c my entire family is doing a reunion at this place and hunting will be ruined.

My question is: When is the next time best to hunt before rifle season (assuming waiting for a cold front). Any specific days or several days that is best for the rut prior to rifle season?

Comment

similar to this time-frame and this weekend with first does popping, is there any thoughts on the next round and when I should take off work to try to get my first buck on this property in 20 years?

Comment

Originally posted by jershua View Post
          Gentlemen - I have a small 30 acre tract that is surrounded by other small tracts of land with people living on them. Hunting pressure is tough. In 20 years, never seen a good buck there. I will miss this weekend hunting w/ perfect conditions to hunt there b/c my entire family is doing a reunion at this place and hunting will be ruined.

My question is: When is the next time best to hunt before rifle season (assuming waiting for a cold front). Any specific days or several days that is best for the rut prior to rifle season?
          If you're limited to weekends and can't make this one, get up there next weekend. There should be a reinforcing front come through late next week and things ought to still be mighty good!

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post

I definitely suggest Tacos by the Trax. I am heading south back home today and think I will stop in there for some street tacos.

Ok, back to hunting talk.

Yep, the street tacos are my go to with green and red salsa.

J
            Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            I’m not going to be there this Saturday but I would love to meet y’all, and as I have well-established I am a big fan of taco‘s by the Trax, so if y’all will be up there next weekend shoot me a PM and we can meet there for lunch.
            Will do my man and that would be great. I'm bouncing back and forth from my bow lease near my house and my Pennington lease. Not sure where I will be the following weekend but will give you a shout if I head that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
              If you're limited to weekends and can't make this one, get up there next weekend. There should be a reinforcing front come through late next week and things ought to still be mighty good!
              Thank you - will do that. Just noticed that too on the front staying strong later in the week too.

Comment

DDF you're right. Honestly it was hard for me to get past his brows and g2s

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                  Here yall go

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                  Lol.

I was gonna chop off one hole side and post it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I may never hunt again if I shot a deer like that. Beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by jershua View Post
                      similar to this time-frame and this weekend with first does popping, is there any thoughts on the next round and when I should take off work to try to get my first buck on this property in 20 years?
                      My favorite weekend to hunt and when I have seen the most activity every year is the last 3 days of October into the first week of November.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                        Will do my man and that would be great. I'm bouncing back and forth from my bow lease near my house and my Pennington lease. Not sure where I will be the following weekend but will give you a shout if I head that way.
                        You gotta hit up Spitfire for a burger if you're in Pennington

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                          You gotta hit up Spitfire for a burger if you're in Pennington
                          I've had a couple.lol They definitely hit the spot!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                            My favorite weekend to hunt and when I have seen the most activity every year is the last 3 days of October into the first week of November.
                            Great - glad to hear. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

So is the buck Snow Killa posted the one in question?

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                                Quick Hwy 19/Grapeland food update: The burger joint is pretty dang good. They dont have a fryer yet, but have chips. I get lays with the burger and its good.
                                Where is this place exactly? I was looking for it last weekend going through there but the only place I saw was a little Taqueria shack on the east side of 287.

Comment

Working...
                                X