2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    I just talked to a buddy of mine from up around Grapeland who has some friends around Pennington that he said, if anybody would know about it they should, but he said they hadn’t heard anything.

The freakin’ anticipation is brutal. Lol
    There is another one on camera.... just knew it was gonna be him but it's a different deer .

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
      It's a GIANT.

I will be up in Garguy's neck of the woods Saturday for a long afternoon sit. Garguy graciously stopped by my place today to hand corn my 2 sets. Don't get any better than that. Thanks again amigo! Let's kill something.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
      I think friday afternoon will rock too

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        There is another one on camera.... just knew it was gonna be him but it's a different deer .
        So it’s not the 200” deer?

Side note: What do you think about Sunday afternoon through Tuesday

Comment

I havent had a picture of a deer since the 11th. Its extremely slow on my small place in Trinity county. Nothing eating corn. Not even hogs.
          Got to be an oak tree raining acorns nearby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So it’s not the 200” deer?

Side note: What do you think about Sunday afternoon through Tuesday
            Yes, just a different 200 inch deer.

As far as the days, I think fri and sat be best but heck deer still gonna be deer next week.

Comment

As far as the days, I think fri and sat be best but heck deer still gonna be deer next week.

Curious to see the pics. I know my buddies dad killed one last weekend not all too far west of where you’re talking that’s pushing 200” on a low acreage low fence place.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

U got the pics on Monday

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                    It's a GIANT.

I will be up in Garguy's neck of the woods Saturday for a long afternoon sit. Garguy graciously stopped by my place today to hand corn my 2 sets. Don't get any better than that. Thanks again amigo! Let's kill something.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Man I need me a corning buddy. I’m going to have to come crash yalls party one day now that I have a little spot north of Trinity.

I know of a 201” out of Trinity co so far.

Comment

I just talked to a buddy of mine from up around Grapeland who has some friends around Pennington that he said, if anybody would know about it they should, but he said they hadn’t heard anything.

The freakin’ anticipation is brutal. Lol
                      Don't hold your breath.

Hes a nice deer with mass and character

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

My deer have just about now totally quit alfalfa and corn. On my corn feeder I have not got a pic of a deer since monday and on my alfalfa I only get about 3 pics a day. Two weeks ago I was getting pics all day and all night long on the alfalfa and had 6 to 10 deer a day coming to the corn. Funny thing is I have not seen a whole lot of acorns, just very few.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                          My deer have just about now totally quit alfalfa and corn. On my corn feeder I have not got a pic of a deer since monday and on my alfalfa I only get about 3 pics a day. Two weeks ago I was getting pics all day and all night long on the alfalfa and had 6 to 10 deer a day coming to the corn. Funny thing is I have not seen a whole lot of acorns, just very few.
                          Yep it sounds like there might be some acorns around that your not aware of. There falling pretty good at the house now. At my lease there is very little hardwood. I have 2 300 lb gravity feeders at one location that I fill with corn Oct-Dec then protein the rest of the year. These 2 feeders are empty every 6 days. I have 2 slingers at another location and have increased the feed time to 10 seconds twice daily. No corn will be left on the ground. But again, I have very little hardwood. Good luck to y’all. Getting ready to turn on like Donkey Kong.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                            Man I need me a corning buddy. I’m going to have to come crash yalls party one day now that I have a little spot north of Trinity.

I know of a 201” out of Trinity co so far.

I'm thinking that may be the same deer im talking about

Comment

Wonder how long it takes the current rainfall rain to sour the acorns on the ground. Idk of any trees in my hunting area dropping but there is one at the house thats loaded and dropping like crazy pinging off the roof of the house and vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                                Wonder how long it takes the current rainfall rain to sour the acorns on the ground. Idk of any trees in my hunting area dropping but there is one at the house thats loaded and dropping like crazy pinging off the roof of the house and vehicles

My white oak and post oak have been dropping for over a week now and the ones I’ve checked were already starting to rot.

…. The red oaks won’t rot by seasons end

Comment

Working...
                                X