No announcement yet.

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the does guys and putting meat in the freezer.

Hoping I am able to at least get that done again this year.

J

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Me neither. My wife and I planned on skipping the weekend. Then our other plans fell through and we ran up at the last minute. I didnt even take a bow.

I sat in a box stand and shot pigs

Comment

For those of you that do most of your hunting out of a tree stand, being our typical winds in SETX/ETX are out of the SE-E do you tend to set up stands SW of where you think deer will travel to? Curious as to how others approach this. I always try to set up somewhere I don’t have to wait for an abnormal wind direction to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
          For those of you that do most of your hunting out of a tree stand, being our typical winds in SETX/ETX are out of the SE-E do you tend to set up stands SW of where you think deer will travel to? Curious as to how others approach this. I always try to set up somewhere I don’t have to wait for an abnormal wind direction to hunt.

This is my approach, you just have to be careful if you are near a ROW or field edge, cause it can change up the direction some. I have a stand set on the N side of a clear cut set to hunt to the west and north and sometime with a north wind, the breeze with roll over the trees and cause a backdraft.

Comment

Thanks for Advice!

Hello! I was a new hunter and learned a ton from this forum and all of the knoweldge that was shared. I was on a cheap lease in East Texas and put some out hog panel feeder pens, fed corn for a year, vanilla scented it sometimes, put out cameras, found a target buck who joined a younger bachelor group, waited for the perfect wind, and got lucky on a trophy buck! He scores 144.5 gross and it was my first time ever shooting an animal with a bow! Thanks a lot for all of the input and help on this East Texas Forum the past 2 years.

Comment

If someone can teach me how to upload a picture, I will do it. Only saw the URL option and not sure how to do that.

Comment

Congratulations to you on your first bow buck. I'm no help with the picture thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jershua View Post
                  If someone can teach me how to upload a picture, I will do it. Only saw the URL option and not sure how to do that.
                  It is probably because you don't have enough post on the forum.

Comment

I sent you a pm

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                      This is my approach, you just have to be careful if you are near a ROW or field edge, cause it can change up the direction some. I have a stand set on the N side of a clear cut set to hunt to the west and north and sometime with a north wind, the breeze with roll over the trees and cause a backdraft.

All of my set ups except one are back in the woods. From the time I’ve spent around my set ups I need about a 5-7 mph consistent wind to really carry my scent very far from the tree (according to the milkweed I’ve thrown out). I was just curious if that’s how most approached their spots for getting close.

Comment

Hello! I was a new hunter and learned a ton from this forum and all of the knoweldge that was shared. I was on a cheap lease in East Texas and put some out hog panel feeder pens, fed corn for a year, vanilla scented it sometimes, put out cameras, found a target buck who joined a younger bachelor group, waited for the perfect wind, and got lucky on a trophy buck! He scores 144.5 gross and it was my first time ever shooting an animal with a bow! Thanks a lot for all of the input and help on this East Texas Forum the past 2 years.
                        Congrats on first animal with a bow and buck.

Look forward to seeing the pics.

Maybe someone can post them for you.

J

Comment

I don't know if any of yall are hunting this morning but they are definitely moving good in San Augustine and Sabine county this morning.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                            I don't know if any of yall are hunting this morning but they are definitely moving good in San Augustine and Sabine county this morning.
                            Yup, I am in Houston county and have seen half a dozen doe’s. But neither of my two target bucks.

Maybe they will show, but buck activity on cell camera was high overnight again.

Good luck to you if you’re out there.

J

Comment

[QUOTE=JhuntsAlot;15856197]Yup, I am in Houston county and have seen half a dozen doe’s. But neither of my two target bucks.

Maybe they will show, but buck activity on cell camera was high overnight again.

Good luck to you also. We will be making our first hunt this weekend. Hopefully get a couple freezer fillers quick because we have no venison left at all in our freezer lol. Then hunt horns the rest of the season

Comment

[quote=hogslayer78;15856271]
                                Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                                Yup, I am in Houston county and have seen half a dozen doe’s. But neither of my two target bucks.

Good luck to you also. We will be making our first hunt this weekend. Hopefully get a couple freezer fillers quick because we have no venison left at all in our freezer lol. Then hunt horns the rest of the season
                                NO VENISON LEFT? Thems fighten words. Good luck sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X