Big Song Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
    Suprised nobody has speculated he may have had some residual Red Wolf genetics, which accounted for his larger than normal body size/weight, even when compared to above average coyotes. I am certainly not in that camp, but again just suprised nobody has brought it up.
    I know right! LOL

He had been eating well. We released 6 axis doe in November and all had been taken down. Wired the place completely and released 15 and it looks like 13 are still around. I’m sure he was eating well on them. Now I’ve got to hurry up and get the female(s) and whatever else is in there before they have pups.

Comment

Face all skinned

Big head on him
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice job, that’s a bigun

Comment

Nice loper. I would send it to Moyle Mink for tanning, $32.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
            Nice loper. I would send it to Moyle Mink for tanning, $32.
            I was planning on dropping it off at North Texas Tannery. Just looked at Moyle Mink site and they look good as well!

I wish I would have skinned it properly and not slit the belly but oh well. Should still be a cool fur to hang in the mancave.

Comment

You gonna euro the head?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                You gonna euro the head?
                Yes

Comment

If you send it to Moyle get online and set up an account to check in, takes a month off of the turn around time.
                  Moyle does nice work on furs, make sure it is intact fur dressing tan not taxidermy. Salt the hide too and dry.
                  Moyle's process will need to air out after you get it back but not bad. Lots of trappers use Moyle for fur tanning.

I have heard nice things about NTT too though. They may be faster, Moyle will be months.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                    Thanks everyone!

Yeah the guy doing the high fence work for the ranch said it would have won the recent contest. I think he said. 43# or 46# won $45k. That sure would have been nice!

When I walked up on him I was pretty surprised. I was guessing close to 50# but didn’t expect to break 50.
                    I don’t know of any dog pots paying that much, but you could’ve easily picked up 2-3 wins at $5-10K each with it depending on the weekend. My buddy picked up a win at one and second at another this weekend with a 42 lb dog.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                      I don’t know of any dog pots paying that much, but you could’ve easily picked up 2-3 wins at $5-10K each with it depending on the weekend. My buddy picked up a win at one and second at another this weekend with a 42 lb dog.
                      Supposedly a North Texas tournament a couple wknds ago. 🤷🏼*♂️ Just going off what he said. Either way I wish I could have cashed from one of them. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                        If you send it to Moyle get online and set up an account to check in, takes a month off of the turn around time.
                        Moyle does nice work on furs, make sure it is intact fur dressing tan not taxidermy. Salt the hide too and dry.
                        Moyle's process will need to air out after you get it back but not bad. Lots of trappers use Moyle for fur tanning.

I have heard nice things about NTT too though. They may be faster, Moyle will be months.
                        Thanks for the info. Yeah NTT is 6-8 months but everything I have sent in the past has been 3-4 months.

Comment

Very nice job Jason.

Comment

Working...
                          X