Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Austin restaurant recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid covid covid- stay out of em.

Comment

Enchiladas y mas for mexican.

Comment

[QUOTE=kck;15454408]The wife and I will be at Eddie V’s at the Arboretum around 7:45 this evening if anyone wants a scotch. Just look for the hot blonde next to redneck Bohemian and that’s us . We’ve gone a lot of places but this place is still does it for me. I’m not a Mexican food fanatic but I’ve always heard Matt’s is really good so we may hit that up soon. Reunion 19 is also a top joint if anyone is looking for something a little different.[/QUOTE

That Eddies V's is a great place.

Comment

Sorry I missed this but the suggestion for Eddie V's is spot on. Best restaurant in Austin imho.

Comment

El Rancho has easy parking spaces for take out. My favorite is Tacos al Carbon with side orders of queso and quacamole. The fresh limeade is also good, and don't forget the free pralines.

Comment

Moonshine down on Red River and second street I believe.

Comment

Hit Juan in a million for breakfast.

Comment

Driskill piano bar for an after dinner cocktail.

Comment

Matt’s El Rancho is bland across the board.. Polvo’s, Curra’s, and Serrano’s is legit. Mongers in Hyde park for seafood.

Comment

Originally posted by Seatruckn View Post
                      Matt’s El Rancho is bland across the board.. Polvo’s, Curra’s, and Serrano’s is legit. Mongers in Hyde park for seafood.
                      There's one in every crowd.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

A lot of people love Matt’s El Rancho but it’s just “ok” to me. Nothing special. I’ll eat there but not a place I’d go out of my way for. I will second the bone marrow burger at Eureka! It’s awesome.

A few of my other favorites while I was working down town were Perla’s for oysters and seafood (mainly oysters and lobster Mac n cheese), capital grille, lonesome dove, Buenos Aires Cafe.

If you go to lonesome dove try one of their smoked willy drinks. It’s about $25 but it’s a dang good drink. Their food portions are small but very good. Capital grille has some phenomenal lobster bisque and cheesecake. If you do Buenos Aires you’ll have to get some of their empanadas as appetizers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Matts El rancho tastes like a patio TV dinner to me. No spice to it. Curras is good. The margaritas are great too.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lucy's fried chicken

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mooch View Post
                              A lot of people love Matt’s El Rancho but it’s just “ok” to me. Nothing special. I’ll eat there but not a place I’d go out of my way for. I will second the bone marrow burger at Eureka! It’s awesome.

A few of my other favorites while I was working down town were Perla’s for oysters and seafood (mainly oysters and lobster Mac n cheese), capital grille, lonesome dove, Buenos Aires Cafe.

If you go to lonesome dove try one of their smoked willy drinks. It’s about $25 but it’s a dang good drink. Their food portions are small but very good. Capital grille has some phenomenal lobster bisque and cheesecake. If you do Buenos Aires you’ll have to get some of their empanadas as appetizers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Forgot this one. Lonesome dove is a hell of a place to eat. Very pricey but my wife still mentions it a year later. I had elk tenderloin, rattlesnake sausage, and something with rabbit in it. All top notch. Check it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X