Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

*Winter Weather Coming*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    How many faucets should I open inside the house? Or is it more about location vs. numbers?
    One that is farthest from the intake source, is what has been hammered in to my head all day,
    Or open a pencil size stream on opposite side of where the well enter the house

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
      No I wasn’t but my better half was there to tell me if I missed a spot. [emoji1787] I lost these palms in 2017 when it got down to 18 here in Sugar Land. I’m afraid I’m gonna lose them again. I’ll be done with palms if they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We lost 2 of our 3 that year as well. They were at least 30ft tall. We didnt replant as we knew we would be moving in 2019. Good luck with them.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
        One that is farthest from the intake source, is what has been hammered in to my head all day,
        Or open a pencil size stream on opposite side of where the well enter the house

I steady drip all sinks. Hot and cold mix. Would that be considered bad or good you reckon?

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
          Hope my palm trees make it. I wrapped the trunks and the crown. We will see.

I hope the best for you, but if it gets down to 15 tomorrow night like they're saying, you can kiss them goodbye. Queen Palms are pretty, but we just don't have the right climate for them. Sure, they'd do fine 8/10 years, but why invest the money and time on that 👍

Comment

Ok 5 120wt plus bulbs on the house water pipes. Everything wrapped up tight...

Here we go.................................

Comment

Things almost got real serious at the house here. Went to the truck to get a roll of snuff and the door was frozen shut. These aren’t things south Texas people have to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by SharpEnd View Post
                It was 18 when I woke this morning, 12 degrees now, headed to 7 in Collin Co.
                Praying that our septic system plumbing and our pool equip pipes don't freeze.
                They revised the low tonight to 4 and it mite be a degree or 2 lower than that

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                  Ok 5 120wt plus bulbs on the house water pipes. Everything wrapped up tight...

Here we go.................................
                  Hidalgo said to prepare as if a Cat5 was hitting. Hope you Houstonians got a plan to save all the food in your freezers when the power goes out!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    Hidalgo said to prepare as if a Cat5 was hitting. Hope you Houstonians got a plan to save all the food in your freezers when the power goes out!
                    My plan is to put the food on the porch if I have to. It’s cold out. My beer has been out there all day

Comment

Found a dead yearling whitetail on my place that was bedded up on the south side of some thick stuff. Heart breaking to say the least. We are around -10 feel like atm. Send up an extra prayer for the livestock, wildlife and anyone caught by this storm. We just moved to the area and thank god I have kinfolk that was waaay better prepared for this than I was. It takes a toll on you when you realize you can’t take of your own...

Comment

Here we go...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                          Here we go...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Its amazing the usage is that high right now. I know its cold, but folks are sleeping, therefore most stuff is turned off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hoping our current outage is ERCOT enforced....y’all be safe!

ac

Comment

Power is out in spring, presumably because of ercot.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                                Were you an athletic trainer in school? Because that's a pretty good wrap job!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                                Hahahaha. I was thinking the same. There isn’t a single tree or plant at my house I would have gave that level of effort.

Comment

Working...
                                X