No announcement yet.

*Winter Weather Coming*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Models aren't backing down from storm #1 sun-mon and widespread 8-12" totals across much of TX. Storm #2 is still a ways off but right now very well could eclipse snowfall records in TX. A lot can change but the theme is extreme cold and two multi inch snowfall events which could become very heavy. For south TX it looks like rain,freezing rain, sleet, then snow and temperatures in the 20s on the beaches. There very well could be rolling blackouts. Have a plan in place in case utilities break from sub freezing temps or get cut off in blackouts. If you have a wood burning smoker or fireplace stock up on wood. Same with propane grills and heaters. Watch out for carbon monoxide. Have some buckets of water stored in a warm area for washing hands, flushing toilets, dishes, etc. Have plenty of food and for the drinkers it's a long cold trek with snowshoes back to the store. With two possible heavy snow events it will be here for a while and may not reach above freezing until the following weekend. Report your snow and ice totals, be careful and stay safe.

Comment

*Winter Weather Coming*

Our forecast for canyon lake is. Now calling for 3* low on Monday [emoji2357]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm guessing 8 days from this weekend my 3 neighborhood lakes banks are going to littered with dead tilapia and pleco's. Man thats going to smell.

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer64d View Post
          Our forecast for canyon lake is. Now calling for 3* low on Monday [emoji2357]

Same thing here, 24*H - 3*L

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
            Electricity is still out over here and sure my well house is going to be a mess now with broken pipes. Hopefully they can get it back up and running soon so I can get the heaters kicked on again
            Oh no! I can't believe you've been without power this long.

I've been extremely lucky so far. The lights flickered a few times this morning and I thought 'here we go.' Only one broken pipe so far that we got capped. Can't get to the ranch to check on things. I was hoping we would get some thawing on the roads this afternoon so I could get out and get some groceries. Only 27 right now so a little thawing not looking likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
              Oh no! I can't believe you've been without power this long.

I've been extremely lucky so far. The lights flickered a few times this morning and I thought 'here we go.' Only one broken pipe so far that we got capped. Can't get to the ranch to check on things. I was hoping we would get some thawing on the roads this afternoon so I could get out and get some groceries. Only 27 right now so a little thawing not looking likely.
              Just got it back on a out an hour ago...we had the fireplace roaring last night and pulled the bed into the living room. Lol it got a little chilly but not bad. Well house looks fine so far but we will see once it warms up a bit... still have water in the house so thinking its fine. Been out beating ice off the trees closest to the house

Comment

We have been without power since 1:30 yesterday afternoon here n Rogers. Oncor said 2:30 roday so hopefully it will be on shortly. The housed has spray foam insulation so that has helped. 59 in the house now. No snow but 3/4” of ice on everything. Lost one willow by the pond and limbs under every tree I can on my place and the neighbors. Hope we survive this with minimal damage.

Comment

Now they are saying no power until 6!!!!!!!

Comment

70 years old and a first for me . . 3 dog nights ahead . .

Comment

*Winter Weather Coming*

Power came back on last night around midnight and back out this morning @9.
                      Co-op said it could be next week

Comment

hoping it won't be as bad in southeast texas, but i have a feeling we're going to ice pretty hard. Glad we have a good generator and a full propane tank to run it.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                          Power came back on last night around midnight and back out this morning @9.
                          Co-op said it could be next week

Go cut some cedar Brice! Hate to hear all of this. Hang tuff!

Comment

Power just came back on! Hopefully it stays on!

Comment

Still have water but the light on the well house is flashing red...not looking good and sure something is frozen solid somewhere. Gon be interesting when it thaws and if we can keep water for the next few days

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                                Models aren't backing down from storm #1 sun-mon and widespread 8-12" totals across much of TX. Storm #2 is still a ways off but right now very well could eclipse snowfall records in TX. A lot can change but the theme is extreme cold and two multi inch snowfall events which could become very heavy. For south TX it looks like rain,freezing rain, sleet, then snow and temperatures in the 20s on the beaches. There very well could be rolling blackouts. Have a plan in place in case utilities break from sub freezing temps or get cut off in blackouts. If you have a wood burning smoker or fireplace stock up on wood. Same with propane grills and heaters. Watch out for carbon monoxide. Have some buckets of water stored in a warm area for washing hands, flushing toilets, dishes, etc. Have plenty of food and for the drinkers it's a long cold trek with snowshoes back to the store. With two possible heavy snow events it will be here for a while and may not reach above freezing until the following weekend. Report your snow and ice totals, be careful and stay safe.
                                It's gonna be colder than a witch's nipple..........

Comment

Working...
                                X