*Winter Weather Coming*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
    Ok dumb question but when they say "drip your faucet" How fast of a drip is needed? Like just a drip every few seconds or a small steady stream? Seems like a drip every few seconds wouldn't make much of a difference at all but what do I know I aint no yankee and aint used to this crap.

By the way roads are already icy in Sutton county with multiple wrecks on I10.
    Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    Small steady stream on all your faucets

even that won't help if your on a well, while the pressure tank is providing your drip the lines from the well to the tank and the pressure regulator will freeze up. Hard lesson there....

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      even that won't help if your on a well, while the pressure tank is providing your drip the lines from the well to the tank and the pressure regulator will freeze up. Hard lesson there....
      Yes sir learned that lesson the hard way myself.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
        Ill send out some reports, drove in from Lewisville to Irving on 161 hwy, smooth sailing and roads are wet. Texdot is doing a killer job, saw multiple trucks.

Have crews headed out all over Dallas this morning and night crews got in at 3am, think this one will be ok but come Monday, thats the one I'm worried about.
        Thanks for update. Seems like it's bad in a lot of areas. Prayers up for all involved in the i35 wreck in fort worth. Mass casualties with 100+ vehicles involved
        Attached Files

Comment

Prayers send for those injured.

-14 this morning here... But I knew it would be cold winters when we retired in Montana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            Prayers send for those injured.

-14 this morning here... But I knew it would be cold winters when we retired in Montana.

I hope you got to load up on firewood this fall Bill. Those MT winters can be dang cold. Especially if the wind gets to blowing.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              Don't know how your well house is constructed but we just put a 40-60W light bulb in a heat lamp down on the ranch well house, hasn't frozen at - 20 yet.
              However the wellhouse is about 8 ft deep where the pressure tank sits.

Comment

Smooth sailing on I-20 from Weatherford/Aledo to my office in SW Ft Worth. Sounds like it's much worse north and east.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                  Don't know how your well house is constructed but we just put a 40-60W light bulb in a heat lamp down on the ranch well house, hasn't frozen at - 20 yet.
                  However the wellhouse is about 8 ft deep where the pressure tank sits.
                  You can get electric heat tracing for about $50 too.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                    Thanks for update. Seems like it's bad in a lot of areas. Prayers up for all involved in the i35 wreck in fort worth. Mass casualties with 100+ vehicles involved
                    Good Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      Good Lord!

One little shower moved through for just a couple of minutes, and that is the busiest stretch of highway in Fort Worth. Very sad.

Comment

bboswell;15464461]even that won't help if your on a well, while the pressure tank is providing your drip the lines from the well to the tank and the pressure regulator will freeze up. Hard lesson there...

I use a small heater in the well house. It has not failed me yet.

Comment

That’s so awful. Dear God, we come together in prayer for all involved in this tragic accident. Also for anyone on the roads during this winter weather, that they feel your safe and guiding hand over them. Praying all this through your son, our mighty Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
                            That’s so awful. Dear God, we come together in prayer for all involved in this tragic accident. Also for anyone on the roads during this winter weather, that they feel your safe and guiding hand over them. Praying all this through your son, our mighty Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen

Amen brother [emoji17]

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post

Amen

Comment

prayers up for ya'll,my daughter is in garland and shes says its a mess

Comment

Working...
                                X