Mason county courthouse on fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
    Just had a report from a local fireman that arson is suspected. Also another house fire in Mason last night, arson suspected there as well. The grocery store was vandalized as well. So sad.
    Adios,
    gary
    I thought the same thing. Mason FD was off fighting another fire when this broke out. They had to pull them of that fire to get to the courthouse. To coincidental to happen at the same time

Comment

Hope the records were backed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
        Just had a report from a local fireman that arson is suspected. Also another house fire in Mason last night, arson suspected there as well. The grocery store was vandalized as well. So sad.
        Adios,
        gary
        That sucks. I hope they catch and punish the punk(s) that did it.

Also hope they are able to fully rebuild and restore that beautiful old courthouse.

Comment

Somebody had some papers in there they didn’t want seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
            Hope the records were backed up.

Offsite while building was undergoing a remodel thank goodness

Terrible news for the town and county but I know they’ll bounce back, Mason is definitely a tight knit hill country town. Someone from another town posted last night that they endure the same thing and said it could be rebuilt to original down to the last brick with grants and insurance and I’m sure the good folks out there will do just that.

If I didn’t have family commitments on the coast I’d live there in a heartbeat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Now I am hearing that someone attempted to rob Rico's at gun point about closing time last night...
              Most of the records were stored off site as remodel was planned for this spring.
              Adios,
              Gary

Comment

I hate to see/read this. That was a cool building when driving through town. I hope that they are able to restore it back.

Comment

Originally posted by gamehunter View Post
                  This is from the online newspaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Saw it on facebook to. wow

Comment

Originally posted by BarBBar View Post
                    Info I read said first courthouse burned down also, with current one built in 1909 for $40,000. Had an oak balcony in district courtroom. Lucky all records were offsite.
                    I've worked in several dozen courthouses throughout Texas and the majority of the ones I have worked in had been burned down at least once in it's history and more often than not had been burned down more than once. Alot of that happened back in the day I'd assume to try and destroy records.

Comment

Court House

Sad deal for sure..
                      Attached Files

Comment

A person of interest has been arrested from what I understand. He was headed east in a stolen vehicle. House that burned may have been his Father-In-Law's...
                        Adios,
                        Gary

Comment

Comment

thats crazy he's on facebook live running from the po po. Hope they catch him quickly.

I remember when the Hill county courthouse burned down. It was basically just a stone shell that was left. It was rebuilt and looked like new. Willie Nelson had a concert on the square to help pay for the rebuild. He said he had spent a few nights in the jail there so he thought he should do something to help rebuild it. The wife and I got married in the temporary courthouse they had while rebuilding. It was an old piggly wiggly. that was almost 27 years ago.

Comment

He was apprehended. Shot up the Lowe's grocery store in addition to the two fires and attempted armed robbery or armed robbery.
                              Adios,
                              Gary

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                                thats crazy he's on facebook live running from the po po. Hope they catch him quickly.

I remember when the Hill county courthouse burned down. It was basically just a stone shell that was left. It was rebuilt and looked like new. Willie Nelson had a concert on the square to help pay for the rebuild. He said he had spent a few nights in the jail there so he thought he should do something to help rebuild it. The wife and I got married in the temporary courthouse they had while rebuilding. It was an old piggly wiggly. that was almost 27 years ago.
                                I remember this^^^ when it happened. Very sad when these old building get damaged.

Comment

Working...
                                X