Cell phone signal boost for metal building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cell phone signal boost for metal building

Question for the GS brain trust. Those of you that have metal buildings/shops, what are you using for a cell phone signal booster? I close the doors on my shop and loose it, my shop is on the lower portion of my property so I need all the help I can get.

Thanks in advance guys.

I use WeBoost inside my barndo. Works great.

Comment

We also have a WeBoost unit and it does the job in our building

Comment

Would this work in my specific case where we only have 1 to 2 bars due to being in a rural area? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
          Would this work in my specific case where we only have 1 to 2 bars due to being in a rural area? Thanks

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Weeboost on my barn here in TX and at my house in BFE OK, and they’ve been great.

Comment

I get the occasional single bar at my place. The nearest tower is 40 miles away. With a good antenna and a the weboost I can stream live TV at full resolution. Works great.

Comment

Follow-up questions for the Weboost users, are you using the supplied antenna or are you using a directional antenna ? Also, in general, how high in the air do you have your antenna mounted ?

Comment

In! Great feedback fellas...I’m in the same boat. 1 or 2 bars outside and zero inside my shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any of the cell boost companies will work. I prefer Surecall. Your antenna will be placed outside. Easiest is an omnidirectional antenna but the best will be a Yagi directional antenna. Just have to make sure it's placed in the direction of the best signal tower. Higher the better no doubt.

Comment

Works great, but I did it before they installed. The $300 extra they charge for the install would have been worth the money in my case.

Comment

Like others on here I use the WeBoost and it made a world of difference!

Comment

Do you have access to internet in your metal building? If so enable WiFi Calling on your phone settings. This might be a quick fix. I had to do this inside my house with zero issues.

Comment

Originally posted by brianl View Post
                            https://assets.wilsonelectronics.com...spec-sheet.pdf

works great, but i did it before they installed. The $300 extra they charge for the install would have been worth the money in my case.

this

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                              Follow-up questions for the Weboost users, are you using the supplied antenna or are you using a directional antenna ? Also, in general, how high in the air do you have your antenna mounted ?
                              The supplied Yagi antenna worked pretty well but I have switched to a directional High gain antenna and it is a little better.

Comment

Working...
                              X