Hauling the Krivoman Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DKW II View Post
    Does anyone have any photos of how they strapped theirs down?

Mitch,
    Any advise or photos? Do I need to take out all the windows to haul it? What’s the best way to strap it down without having to screw into it.

The last thing I honestly want to do is go buy it and then have to start screwing it to the trailer to be able to haul it.
    Are you buying from me? IF so dont worry about anyting we will secure it to your trailer with straps. Super easy to do. If not, then let me know if you are hauling with a truck, or a trailer. If Trailer what kind/size, does it have a wood board tailgate or Ramp gate etc. They are not hard to haul. You do not need to take anyting off the blind. you are welcome to call me, but if you are getting from me then rest easy. We will take care of it.
    512-762-4080

Comment

My trailer wasn't wide enough to have it standing up so I had it on its side nose forward and cut 2 2x4's the width of the floor and screwed one in horizontally, and one vertically. Then I strapped it down. Didn't have any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
        Are you buying from me? IF so dont worry about anyting we will secure it to your trailer with straps. Super easy to do. If not, then let me know if you are hauling with a truck, or a trailer. If Trailer what kind/size, does it have a wood board tailgate or Ramp gate etc. They are not hard to haul. You do not need to take anyting off the blind. you are welcome to call me, but if you are getting from me then rest easy. We will take care of it.
        512-762-4080

Mitch,
        I am getting from your dealer in Halletsville so that’s why I wanted to have a game plan before I get there.

I have a Ranch King trailer, 6’10”x14’ and has a wood board tailgate. They should be in in about a week or two, so I have a little time just wanted to start preparing.

I can give you a call to discuss further as well. I appreciate it.

Comment

Mitch,
          I am getting from your dealer in Halletsville so that’s why I wanted to have a game plan before I get there.

I have a Ranch King trailer, 6’10”x14’ and has a wood board tailgate. They should be in in about a week or two, so I have a little time just wanted to start preparing.

With that trailer you will only need 2 straps. 1 need to be a long yellow one, the other needs to be at least 12 foot long and can be a big or small ratchet strap. . I will try to find a picture so I can post while I explain. Hang tight..

Comment

With that trailer you will only need 2 straps. 1 need to be a long yellow one, the other needs to be at least 12 foot long and can be a big or small ratchet strap. . I will try to find a picture so I can post while I explain. Hang tight..

That would be great, I have straps in every size, shape and color so I’m covered there.

I’m on stand by, I appreciate all the help.

Comment

This was the only photo I could find on this phone. So not exactly what you will have but nm it will make sense.

Take some duck tape as well. You will want to place some duct tape on the door hinges. Just holds pins from sliding out when laying on side.

Take the blind and lay it on its side on the trailer. I usually will have the door facing the passenger side of the trailer. Basically if looking from behind trailer, door is at 3 oclock and the front of blind is at 9 oclock on drivers side.

Put lumber tailgate on. Then push blind back against the wood so it can't go any further backwards.

Take long strap and place just above the base lip. Make sure it runs under the door frame but above blind lip. Also be sure to wrap your straps around trailer. These blinds flex when hitting bumps so if you just take hook and hook it to rails it may pop off with big bumps.

Crank ratchet down snug. Blind will oval out when cranking down, dont worry it will circle back up once you put it back up.
              Take shorter strap and place over the front of the blind. There is a round popout on The roof. Just run it over that and synch it Down and back a bit towards back of trailer. You do not have to crank this down really hard. Just good and snug. This will hold top from lifting in the head wind.

The pic shows kinda what i am saying. Only difference us this blind was sitting up on the tower of the blind in front of it. Also hD door more up than on its side. Normally the blind would be touching the floor of trailer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Krivoman; 02-03-2021, 06:42 PM.

Comment

This was the only photo I could find on this phone. So not exactly what you will have but nm it will make sense.

Take some duck tape as well. You will want to place some duct tape on the door hinges. Just holds pins from sliding out when laying on side.

Take the blind and lay it on its side on the trailer. I usually will have the door facing the passenger side of the trailer. Basically if looking from behind trailer, door is at 3 oclock and the front of blind is at 9 oclock on drivers side.

Put lumber tailgate on. Then push blind back against the wood so it can't go any further backwards.

Take long strap and place just above the base lip. Make sure it runs under the door frame but above blind lip. Also be sure to wrap your straps around trailer. These blinds flex when hitting bumps so if you just take hook and hook it to rails it may pop off with big bumps.

Crank ratchet down snug. Blind will oval out when cranking down, dont worry it will circle back up once you put it back up.
                Take shorter strap and place over the front of the blind. There is a round popout on The roof. Just run it over that and synch it Down and back a bit towards back of trailer. You do not have to crank this down really hard. Just good and snug. This will hold top from lifting in the head wind.

The pic shows kinda what i am saying. Only difference us this blind was sitting up on the tower of the blind in front of it. Also hD door more up than on its side. Normally the blind would be touching the floor of trailer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                I appreciate the help Mitch, looks simple enough. Going to give it a shot.

Comment

I will throw in a pic for good measure. They are very easy to transport.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                    I will throw in a pic for good measure. They are very easy to transport.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, exactly like that.

Comment

Yes, exactly like that.

That’s what I was looking for, thank you.

Is this way better than transporting it upright, throwing straps over it and screwing it to the floor of the trailer (if I decided to go that way)?

Comment

Is this way better than transporting it upright, throwing straps over it and screwing it to the floor of the trailer (if I decided to go that way)?
                        I have transported a bunch of them exactly like my pic above. Never had a single problem. I have never stood one up to transport so i can’t speak to that.

Comment

Lot better to lay on side.

Comment

Lot better to lay on side.
                            Sounds good, that’s what I will do. I’ll give you a shout if I have any other questions.

Comment

After having one fly off the trailer going 70mph... i can tell you how not to do it.

I had it stood upright w/ several straps. It was a very windy day.
                              The Blind flexes under the wind, and all the straps popped loose.
                              Lay it down like everyone said above.

Comment

Mitch,

Who carries them in Hallettsville?
                                Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Working...
                                X