• Time
  • Show
Clear All

losing your lunch money!

Comment

Changing brake pads on drum brakes!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        being called in from outside or another room to be the remote for my Dad's TV.....especially when we got the manual slider cable box that went from 4-6 channels on the knob to 40 on the box. Next, next, next, back, next, next , back...

Haha, man I forgot about the thing.

Comment

The 55 mph speed limit. Riding to Mississippi for the family reunion in an Oldsmobile with my 3 siblings in the back seat was brutal.

Comment

Smoking or non-smoking in a restaurant.

Comment

Mail ordering something and having to wait 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Taking a half hour to heat up leftovers in the oven.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                ...a busy signal!
                ...forgetting to put film in the camera
                ...looking in the tail cap of my flashlight and realizing I forgot to put a new back up bulb back in it the last time I had to use it.
                ...trying to find a good station on the car radio that would last long enough to play a few songs before you were out of range... then after sundown you could get stations like WBAP in Dallas, WSM in Nashville, WWL, New Orleans or WHO, Des Moines... Might be a little static when thunderstorms come up, but you could at least listen to the same station...
                I was driving truck in the 80's and I would go all over the U.S. I would listen to KLOS in LA and KNAC and 850KOA in Denver they had a 30 minute comedy break at 3 am. Also KSL out of Salt Lake City. WLS radio out of Chicago was a Larry King station after midnight. WSM out of Nashville had the Grand Ole Opry on late at night.. Sometimes I go out and set in my pickup and listen to late night radio with the motor off a course.. I have been listening to late night radio am radio since the mid 70's

Comment

Boy how times have changed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dial-up internet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Walking off the school bus and the police or game warden waiting in the yard with silver bracelets.

Comment

Getting the TV guide at the grocery store, flipping thru and finding the show you want to watch only to get to that perfect time of the evening you’ve waited for all dang week and it’s not the show that was listed to air.

Comment

Scratched LP.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I just want to know why water wells were always down hill from the house. Two full 5 gallon buckets full of water weigh more going up hill.
                            Standing in front of a Dearborn heater burning on one side freezing on the other. Black and white tv when we finally got one. Phone numbers that began with 2 letters and 4 digits. Gas wars at 11cents a gallon.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              being called in from outside or another room to be the remote for my Dad's TV.....especially when we got the manual slider cable box that went from 4-6 channels on the knob to 40 on the box. Next, next, next, back, next, next , back...

Man, you guys were up town, we just had 4,5,8 & 11 till 33 came along. Someone hogging the party line was always a pain.

Comment

Getting the Bass Pro catalog, filling out all of the item numbers in the order form, gartting mom to help calculate the total to write a check...and waiting 37 years for the order to come in.

Getting a flat tire on my bike 1/2 way to the fishing hole the next day, and having to push it the rest of the way, and 3 miles home only to be late for dinner and get in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X