No announcement yet.

Prayer Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all have a lot going on there! Prayers sent for relief and recovery from medical issues.

Comment

Prayers sent for you and your family brother. Hang in there the lord is with you!

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers for your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent brother

Comment

Up

Comment

Thanks for the continued prayers folks. We appreciate them more than you know.

The update as of this morning is, his blood pressure has began to raise and level out on its own which is good news. Heart rate is still elevated, but has lowered from what it was. He is still not moving his left side. He moved it in the ambulance after he received the shot, but doctors said it often goes away for a while so don’t be surprised. They took him back for scans and MRI of the brain last night. We are waiting on those results now to assess brain damage.

Please pray that we get good news on the brain scans, and that vitals continue to stabilize. Hopefully responsiveness and motor function shows improvement in the coming days. The family spirits are better today after the initial shock and roller coaster ride from yesterday. I know all of that can change after brains scan results. At this point, we just could use some good news.

Comment

Prayers for continued recovery and for the rehab process to regain motor skills, brother.

Comment

Continued prayers for stepfather and for all your family. Trust in the Lord! God bless all of you.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers Sent

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Thank you for the prayers. Latest Update from this afternoon.

The good:

He is able to breathe on his own now and has come off the vent. His blood pressure is at much better levels and is holding on its own without meds. Heart rate has gotten better, but now has raised again. They are still treating with meds. The scan from the abdomen came back, and it was not his pancreas. They believe it is his duodenum which is a better problem to have. All lab work and levels came back good.

The bad/unknown:

Doctors were able to remove 90% of the clot in the initial surgery. However, A new clot has formed in the same area, and it is too risky for them to go in and try to remove this one. He has some swelling on his brain (not unusual). Doctors say the next 48-72 hours are critical in watching the new clot, and swelling of the brain. If swelling continues to damaging levels, they will have to perform a craniotomy to remove some skull and allow brain to swell. There has been no additional swelling from this morning to now.

The breathing tube has been removed, but he is still not speaking. They do not know if this will be permanent, or if surgery/anesthesia/trauma has delayed it. They were originally thinking he should be able to due to location of clot in the brain. The first report today we were told he was responding to commands. Later we were told he was not.

They said the stroke was very large. They do not know the likelihood of him being able to walk again. They say he is strong and depending on the next few days happenings and then therapy following after would determine that.

Today was our last day of quarantine. We will be traveling to Houston in the morning so my wife can be with her mother and visit in the hotel room. Hopefully this brings some comfort to both of them. I was able to finish my homework up for the week a few minutes ago, so thankfully that frees me up to take care of my wife and family a little better.

The reality of something like this doesn't really hit you until its actually you in the situation. Murphy is only 55 and in physically good health. It has been a lot to soak in the last two days and emotionally my wife and her family are spent. Life is so fragile and your life as you know it can change on a whim.

Please continue to pray. Pray for reduced swelling in the brain, no further damage from the new clot, and that he will begin to speak, respond, and move. We thank God for the good news and progress Murphy has shown, and we are staying optimistic.

Our pastor shared this message from his nightly reading that he took to be directed toward us. Psalm 27:5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.

Comment

Prayers Up.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Working...
                                X