No announcement yet.

Tundra, F-150, GM or Ram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve put more than 34 gallons in my tundra many times, something ain’t right with yours.

Originally posted by Hombre View Post
    I just went from a F150 to a Tundra. I have driven Tacos for 40 years so I know and like Toyotas. I bought the Tundra mostly because it has a 38 gallon fuel tank and I need all the fuel I can carry when I go to Mexico. Come to find out, the Tundras only have 28 usable gallons of fuel because the pump has to stay submerged in 10 gallons of fuel or it will burn up. So, in reality, Tundra only has a 28 gallon tank which I consider very deceitful in my book. I told the dealer I had to have 4wd and the big fuel tank. He had plenty of opportunity to tell me it only had 28 usable gallons of fuel. That shaves about 150 miles off the distance of a tank of fuel.

Comment

My Tundra has the 26 gallon tank. If you go by the fuel gauge it's empty after about 20. I've put 24 in mine before after riding on E for a while. Some will tell you it's because of the fuel pump, others think it's to prevent idiots from running out of gas. Either way, the tank physically holds 26 or 38.

Comment

I have the 38gal tank. I drive my truck from downtown Houston to Tomball on “E” 1-2 times a week.

I once drove from Huntsville to Tomball on E.

Free gas if I make it to the office. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This. Ram's are the worst.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thought I would update, I backed out of buying the Tacoma. They did not yet have the title to the Tacoma and my Acadia broke down again the day after I put down the deposit. I found the problem with the Service Stabilatrak, Traction Control Disabled and Engine Power Reduced and I fixed it. I decided to not trade in my Acadia and take a huge loss on it. I will drive it back to Texas and sell it where 2WD vehicles are actually worth something. BTW, the salesman texted me this morning to say the title to the Tacoma finally came it today, I am sure he thinks I will change my mind and buy it after all.

Comment

My 2 cents coming from a ford tech... they are all pieces of junk. Ford chevy and dodge. Buy something that has a great warranty because these new trucks are just computer's with wheels with no quality control. I would buy toyota

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I got a new chevy 2500hd with the 6.6 gas motor if I run the crap out of it with a heavy foot I get 12-13 but just cruising around san antonio 60-70 I can get 19-20 out of it with some stop and go trafficit will go to 16-18 on i10and 35

Comment

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
                  My 2 cents coming from a ford tech... they are all pieces of junk. Ford chevy and dodge. Buy something that has a great warranty because these new trucks are just computer's with wheels with no quality control. I would buy toyota

Thanks for the perspective from somebody that works on them all.

Comment

Agree with the warranty. As a ford tech premium care that ford dealers offer is top notch. Its covers an insane amount of stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X