Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2021 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    We play at 8 and 9:45, then we’re going straight to Florabama for oysters and beers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightening delays are messing with beer and oyster time.

Comment

Originally posted by gspbrad View Post
      A real hard *** - lol

Haha, I heard I met you at Ozzie’s house before

Comment

Well my son was offered a spot on a select team for this fall season. He will be playing 8u ball in the Houston area (or wherever the team travels). He’s very excited to play with his new team and develop as a player. He’s been playing local league ball until now. He’s a great hitter and has a good arm. He definitely has areas that he needs to develop but I think all the extra games and practices he gets will help with that. Mom and Dad aren’t sure we are ready for it but here we go…. We also have a 5 year old playing his first season of coach pitch in the local league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just posted a 2020 Louisville Slugger Prime BBCOR bat in 31 drop 3 in the classifieds, if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
            He didn't hit the ball great last weekend but this was cool for him to see on Twitter...

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
            Parents eat this up! Owners of select organizations know this, just like 5 tool and other associations running tourneys.

$$$$

Comment

Schpike killer chiming in with senseless babel.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                Parents eat this up! Owners of select organizations know this, just like 5 tool and other associations running tourneys.

$$$$

Never miss a chance to shut the **** up.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

$$$$
                  Great kid with great Parents enjoying a special time.

Geez

Comment

Yep parents enjoy going and spending weekends with their kids competing. Good thing is you get to watch your kid play against good players- even if they are top players you get to see them fail and learn. I did it for years and now I still get to watch mine compete at the next level. School he is playing for saw him in Atlanta at a Perfect Game tourney. You guys keep it up- I miss it except in July when it was 110 degrees

Comment

Finally got the gold one yesterday in Grapevine! The boys had to go through 3 very good teams, I’m super proud of them.

Comment

atta boy snoop!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Finally got the gold one yesterday in Grapevine! The boys had to go through 3 very good teams, I’m super proud of them.

Comment

28" USSSA Bat

Ok so Dale was gracious enough and blessed us with a "new" to us bat last year. Well my boy is getting bigger and still loves that bat it is time to looking for one a little bigger.

He just started 9U fall ball down here.

If you could look in your closets, garages, whatever and look and see if you have one laying around you wouldn't mind parting ways with, let me know.

We can work out payment and logistics!

Thanks!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Bumping up this thread, always enjoy following everyone's seasons.

My oldest boy is soccer crazy. I knew nothing about soccer a couple of years ago when he got started. He's been fortunate to have a few excellent coaches that played the college level and have shown him a lot of things, and he's playing in his first select soccer team tourney this weekend. Looking forward to him seeing some competition that's more on his level than our league soccer.

My little dude is in his second year of Tee ball, starting to "click" for him even more now. Hoping he sticks with baseball so I have at least one keep playing. Obviously, whatever they play, I don't mind, as long as they are having fun.

On that note, the dipstick that always seems to comment negative crap on these baseball threads and always shows his rear obviously doesn't have a clue about anything, nor has kids. I think it was said in last years or the previous years select baseball thread, the municipal/city baseball just isn't the same as it was when we were kids. I think in our little hometown we had 40 kids sign up for fall baseball in the 10U age division, and had ONE dad volunteer to coach. ONE. I got roped into helping, which I don't mind. I love the game. We got lucky on Tee Ball and have a lot of active dads helping out.

I'm always impressed with the facilities the kids play on in these tournaments, the quality of the fields, etc. I totally get paying a bit so the kids can experience that. Not knocking our fields here at all, the league board does all they can with what they have. But its frustrating when you're having a practice or even games and the City has the bathrooms locked up. And no one to run a concession stand to raise money. Or some kids or racoons trash the dugouts the night before Saturday morning games.

I'm sure the tournaments also just bring a different level of competition and elevates everyone's game. I played select ball growing up along with city league ball, but there was always more of a seriousness in the select ball.

Good luck to all you guys playing any fall ball! Hopefully in a few years my little dude will be playing out at some of these tourneys as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal View Post
                                Bumping up this thread, always enjoy following everyone's seasons.

My oldest boy is soccer crazy. I knew nothing about soccer a couple of years ago when he got started. He's been fortunate to have a few excellent coaches that played the college level and have shown him a lot of things, and he's playing in his first select soccer team tourney this weekend. Looking forward to him seeing some competition that's more on his level than our league soccer.

My little dude is in his second year of Tee ball, starting to "click" for him even more now. Hoping he sticks with baseball so I have at least one keep playing. Obviously, whatever they play, I don't mind, as long as they are having fun.

On that note, the dipstick that always seems to comment negative crap on these baseball threads and always shows his rear obviously doesn't have a clue about anything, nor has kids. I think it was said in last years or the previous years select baseball thread, the municipal/city baseball just isn't the same as it was when we were kids. I think in our little hometown we had 40 kids sign up for fall baseball in the 10U age division, and had ONE dad volunteer to coach. ONE. I got roped into helping, which I don't mind. I love the game. We got lucky on Tee Ball and have a lot of active dads helping out.

I'm always impressed with the facilities the kids play on in these tournaments, the quality of the fields, etc. I totally get paying a bit so the kids can experience that. Not knocking our fields here at all, the league board does all they can with what they have. But its frustrating when you're having a practice or even games and the City has the bathrooms locked up. And no one to run a concession stand to raise money. Or some kids or racoons trash the dugouts the night before Saturday morning games.

I'm sure the tournaments also just bring a different level of competition and elevates everyone's game. I played select ball growing up along with city league ball, but there was always more of a seriousness in the select ball.

Good luck to all you guys playing any fall ball! Hopefully in a few years my little dude will be playing out at some of these tourneys as well.

my oldest is now on a 14u Texas Stix team, they have their only 2 fall tournaments next weekend and halloween weekend. my youngest is finishing up this weekend on his 12u texas oilers team, looks like we might be dropping him back down to his age, 11u, in the spring, he needs a little more confidence at the plate and playing up isnt helping right now.

good luck man, its fun and i wouldnt trade all the time we spend woth them for anything, but its also tough lol, baseball is a HARD sport. its been said that hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in sports and i agree, sometimes i wish they would just play football where their athleticism can take over lol. but they both still love playing so we are gonna stick with it

Comment

Working...
                                X