Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think S Africa is on the table this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went back in mid March and I'm glad I did since all this crap is still going on

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

With everything going with travel restrictions and so on, for me I went ahead and started my Africa safari list here in good ol Texas. I know I don’t get the Africa experience but I still get my animal and the freezer full of meat [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DPElite View Post
        With everything going with travel restrictions and so on, for me I went ahead and started my Africa safari list here in good ol Texas. I know I don’t get the Africa experience but I still get my animal and the freezer full of meat [emoji16]

That is a BIG beautiful old bull right there!!! Congraats.. AND now you have all of that fine meat too...

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          That is a BIG beautiful old bull right there!!! Congraats.. AND now you have all of that fine meat too...

Thank you sir
          He was a tank of an older bull
          Speaking of meat I need to go pick it up they just called me it’s ready
          Almost 600lbs worth and it’s dam tasty

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            Beautiful Eland! That was my favorite meat while in SA.
            I'm certainly jelly of that freezer full of meat!!

Comment

Screw Biden

Comment

Man part of me wants to again, but the better half of me don’t. I just can’t get over the high fence, pay to kill part. Most places just “ restock” buy new animals to replace the ones harvested. We lost our deposit, willingly, after finding this out. It looks cool, and I would love to see Africa, but not sure I could hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                  Man part of me wants to again, but the better half of me don’t. I just can’t get over the high fence, pay to kill part. Most places just “ restock” buy new animals to replace the ones harvested. We lost our deposit, willingly, after finding this out. It looks cool, and I would love to see Africa, but not sure I could hunt.
                  Fences, high, low or whatever mean nothing to any of those animals over there. They are still as wild as anything anywhere.

It is definitely not for everyone but it is dang sure fun!

Comment

Oh I am not knocking it, nor do I care if those that hunt behind a fence enjoy it. I am just saying I lost my desire, when I found they are not naturally reproducing, they are stocked. Love watching the videos, reading and seeing others that enjoy it.

Comment

HeyMikey when are you flying in to J'burg? We have our first trip planned then and flying out the 26th or 27th of May. The way I see it the SA government can not financially have another year like last year so they will do everything they can to have U.S. hunter's going over and spending money there. As long as the new administration dosent do anything overly stupid (which they still could) and lock everything down coming back in, we should be fine! Im sure the SA government and our government will make some closed door agreement to keep U.S. hunters going in and out of Africa!!

Comment

We seen a couple eland right around junction a few years ago, we got out to check them out and tried to feed them, but they wouldn’t come quite close enough. Those are some big critters. We have not seen any in recent years. Seen a couple nilgai right around the same area also. Beautiful animals.
                        Last edited by critter69; 01-27-2021, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                          There is definitely a ton of high fences in Sa, but it’s not all what I would consider high fence. There farm we hunted was on the Limpopo and Botswana border( Limpopo River bordered miles of the ranch. Although the animals that did swim the river has to dodge hippos and crocs I did see many cross. I understand it’s not for everyone but it’s one helluva good time!

Comment

Originally posted by chrigging View Post
                            There is definitely a ton of high fences in Sa, but it’s not all what I would consider high fence. There farm we hunted was on the Limpopo and Botswana border( Limpopo River bordered miles of the ranch. Although the animals that did swim the river has to dodge hippos and crocs I did see many cross. I understand it’s not for everyone but it’s one helluva good time!
                            Agreed!

I will post sometime in the near future of what happened on a 2200 acre pasture with the PH I hunt with on animals withing that fenced in area. It might surprise you!
                            Last edited by Mudslinger; 01-27-2021, 07:47 PM.

Comment

We are scheduled for hunt in august

Comment

We are booked for 2 weeks mid June. 9 of us going. Plane tickets booked. Testing for reentry to us already set up. I'm very confident this will go off without a problem.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X