No announcement yet.

Texas DPS office - any pro tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check other offices around you. We had to drive 90 miles to get in to one before my son went back to college. It was inconvenient, but worked well.

Comment

I got an appointment in Gainesville for Feb 5th last friday.

I have heard Bowie is the place to go for walk ups, but haven't tried.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
        Before COVID I had good results making an appointment at the DPS office...and strolling right in past the line.

Now there are no appointments until MAY.

Any advice on where to go..or how to get in and out for a new ID?

Thanks!
        man , i did my appointment online back in december, and went to the facility in arlington/FW ... got in within a week ..not sure if you can go in tarrant county or not but this facility is setup with like 30 lines , and it was quick and painless ... facility is off eastchase prkway and 30... good luck

Comment

Go to one of the local flea markets that the illegals attend. I hear they make really good ones there

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
            I did not even think about all that. Thank you for the reminder and I guess my rear needs to get my birth certificate.

Micheal
            Go to their web site and make sure you have EVERYTHING on the check list. If you are missing one thing they will send you out the door without doing anything.

I just got my new DL yesterday in the mail. Pretty cool because I see it as very difficult to create counterfeits.

Comment

I scheduled an appointment in October for new DL. First available was April 2021.

Comment

I drove into boerne ( not exactly a good idea) decided to renew online, when I get bumped from 11am to 3pm and didn’t want to wait

Comment

You gotta check small towns and be willing to drive.

Comment

Working...
                  X