No announcement yet.

Off The Market Real Estate ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, a good realtor in the area is the best bet. Sure, pocket listings do exist for different reasons, but most the time, I'd be inclined to think it's because the seller is not very motivated and they only want to deal with serious buyers or perhaps even cash buyers. It's not just that, good realtors have a lot of connections and they sometimes receive info from other realtors before a property hits an active listing.

The problem with established neighborhoods in popular areas is that many listings never hit the market simply because word of mouth spreads so fast. Regardless, even in those cases, you better have a good realtor that can draft up an offer within a day or two.

Building is an option, but not in the established neighborhoods that don't have any open lots.

Comment

We were able to get ours through a friend. Best I can recommend, see if the neighborhood has a facebook page or like. You would be surprised how many people would rather not go through the showing process.

Comment

Originally posted by C.W.Ashby View Post
        If it is on a site, it is on the market. With or without a Realtor, it's on the market.
        This. We found one of the best realtors in our area that was really plugged in and had access to quite a few "pocket listings" before they hit market. The competition is crazy. We were the first ones to see ours the morning it hit the market and made an immediate offer. We knew about it the night before because of a realtor.

Comment

FB Marketplace, Craigslist, We Buy Ugly Houses folks. You can find Wholesalers shopping their bad deals on these places. If it is a good deal it wont make it to these place.

Not sure what area you are looking, or what you are looking for. If it is a personal property for yourself to live in, get a realtor and be pre-approved to make an offer when something good jumps up.

If it is for investment purposes, we are just having to pay more for those right now, or get more creative to make them work.

Money is too cheap right now, and people are paying a mint because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
            I use Zillow some and it lets you select For sale by owner listings only. May help.
            Yeah, and they usually suck. A couple of agents in my office were discussing this the other day when a client called inquiring about a home on Zillow.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

The market IS HOT! I met with a seller today, put my sign in the yard and went home to work on MLS. It's a 15- minute drive home and I had 2 phone calls from people seeing sign, and seller called and said a man stopped, knocked on the door and offered 12k over the listing price.

Comment

I was able to secure a rental through the realtor I use that was an off the market deal from another investor. It was word of mouth
                I’m also a member on a local real estate investor group on FB and I see wholesale deals
                It’s funny you guys mentioned the “we buy ugly houses” or “we pay cash for houses” signs. That’s an old school method that you don’t see as much anymore due to networking capabilities today. However, I’ve seen a spike in these signs lately due to the Hot market. Investors are trying to get a head start and avoid the multiple offer situation that usually ends up over asking

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                  Yeah, and they usually suck. A couple of agents in my office were discussing this the other day when a client called inquiring about a home on Zillow.

Yep, twice now I’ve inquired about property that was waaaay off on their acreage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We buy all of our property off the market. But, it takes a lot of time and relationship building to uncover leads on property like that.

Comment

Takes lots of leg work and not keyboard work. Word of mouth is the best way. Fortunately I own a small service business that visits distressed properties often and small conversations have led to purchase of 6+ homes that never hit the market.

Comment

My land isn't on the market, but it is for sale for the right price.

Comment

In todays market, you almost have to buy off market or you wont have a chance. its so crazy right now

Comment

It is crazy right now. Listed a house at 9:30 a.m. and shut showings down at 7pm. Had 25 showings today and multiple offers received.

Last edited by DFWPI; 03-31-2021, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                              It is crazy right now. Listed a house at 9:30 a.m. and shut showings down at 7pm. Had 25 showings today and multiple offers received.

That is insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My buddy's house, sitting on 5 acres, lasted less then 4 hours on the market before it was sold..and $$$ over asking price..

My dad's place in PA had 10 showings in one day and sold through bidding war..just crazy

I bought property in TN couple of years ago that wasn't listed yet. My realtor in the area where I was looking just happened to bump into a lawyer at grocery store, who bought large property and was carving it up..
                                Last edited by rossn2; 04-01-2021, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X