Any electric golf cart experts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
    Did you charge the batteries one at a time with a conventional charger? If not do it. The cart charger is not intended to bring a depleted pack up to charge IIRC.

Yep. The EZ Go charger will not come on until it sees 36v. We charged each battery until they had about 7V and then switched over to the main charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

I’m in the process of converting mine to Lithium and doing a body off rebuild in the process.
      Will you do a build thread on this? I'd love to follow that.

Comment

Any electric golf cart experts?

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
        Will you do a build thread on this? I'd love to follow that.

Yeah it will probably be a while. I’ve got some parts coming but I’m still learning about Lithiums. They seem to be a little finicky in regards to current output especially if they have a BMS on them.

They can be considerably more dangerous than lead acid especially if over or under charged so I’m trying to figure out safeties for that. Also I’m trying to decide if I want to buy a pre built pack or DIY it. The cells are expensive if bought in the US and they take about 2 months to get directly from China.

Regardless I will not go back to lead acid because in comparison they suck compared to lithium in performance, maintenance and they are just plain destructive. And my cart will lose over 300# of weight by going to lithium.

My cart has an aluminum frame thank God or it would probably just be destroyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Last edited by Mike D; 01-24-2021, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X