No announcement yet.

Let’s get nasty! Beans in Chili Prove me wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just like beans in my chili. Simple as that.

Comment

I would never add beans to my chili. But I do add chili to my beans. You should give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
        Same here.
        Beans make chili taste better.

Comment

I can eat it either way. But the liquid inside the can of kidney beans or chili beans grosses me out so I have to drain and rinse before I add.

When my four boys were younger they could eat you out of house and home. The times were pretty hard financially. Adding lots of beans to chili was a way to make it go farther.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
            When money gets tight, beans make a great filler.
            That how my mother raised 5 kids. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              We are on a website where people spend thousands of dollars each year to hunt deer yet they gotta have some .99 beans to make their chili last longer? Come on man. Bull****. Kill another deer....or 10 hogs.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
              The guy you quoted was talking about his Dad and why he added beans. You said stretching was odd to you. I explained why folks stretched them. Not everybody here is Bob loaded.

Me personally? I love beans....especially pintos. We eat beans and cornbread several times a year. I cook some form of bean with every BBQ meal. My wife (100% Texan) likes pintos in chili. I used to be a chili nazi but have come to appreciate the awesome that is a few pintos added to chili when she requests we do it "her way". Not to stretch but for texture and variety. Now... I like my chili without beans and I like my chili with beans. I was born further south than you and raised by a Texas family. Not Okies in Waco. I am more Texan than you..

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                I can eat it either way. But the liquid inside the can of kidney beans or chili beans grosses me out so I have to drain and rinse before I add.

When my four boys were younger they could eat you out of house and home. The times were pretty hard financially. Adding lots of beans to chili was a way to make it go farther.
                Come on Chew....you were not Bob loaded?..

I am the same way about my beans in a can. I use pintos but if I haven't made my own and had some frozen to add, I too rinse the canned ones in anything I added them too.

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post

That's about as simple as it gets... I like crackers or cornbread with cheese and onions in it too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RB Chili 5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	24668974

Click image for larger version

Name:	RB Chili 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	24668975
                Last edited by Smart; 11-11-2021, 09:18 AM.

Comment

I can eat it with beans but I’d rather not. My father in law made chili for Christmas every year for a crowd. He did that to make it go farther, it had way too many. Love the crackers jalapeños in it, cheese and Texas Pete’s. My dad likes beans in his and he’s from Freer!

Comment

Being of cajun decent and in rice country our Mom cooked a pot of rice and we ate our chili over rice to stretch it. We ate rice with everything and I like it that way. I remember making a homemade vegetable soup for my wife the first time. I started the rice and she was all confused, asked me what was up wit da rice. I said, "Well I'm making soup sooooooo rice, duh" I thought everyone made rice wit der soup lol. Apparently not hahahaha. After she tried it though, she loved it and always ate her soup over rice after that. I also like chili over fritos with cheese but that was not something we got growing up. Fritos were a luxury item. I can eat chili with beans but would rather not and if I'm doin the cookin der won't be no beans in it and there will be a pot of rice on.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                      Being of cajun decent and in rice country our Mom cooked a pot of rice and we ate our chili over rice to stretch it. We ate rice with everything and I like it that way. I remember making a homemade vegetable soup for my wife the first time. I started the rice and she was all confused, asked me what was up wit da rice. I said, "Well I'm making soup sooooooo rice, duh" I thought everyone made rice wit der soup lol. Apparently not hahahaha. After she tried it though, she loved it and always ate her soup over rice after that. I also like chili over fritos with cheese but that was not something we got growing up. Fritos were a luxury item. I can eat chili with beans but would rather not and if I'm doin the cookin der won't be no beans in it and there will be a pot of rice on.
                      Tru Dat!!

Comment

I don't put a lot of beans in. A small can of drained kidney beans. Like Smart said, for texture plus I like beans.

Comment

No beans = Manwich

I like beans, it’s that simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                            No beans = Manwich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Never had manwhich with chili powder in it. So Chilie Con Carne is what again?

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                              Never had manwhich with chili powder in it.
                              I have never had one without it...

Comment

Granny put beans in hers.
                                Mama didn’t put beans in hers.
                                I ate the heck out of both.
                                Real good!

Comment

Working...
                                X