• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
    I made a big pot of chili last night!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I'm not a fan of bean soup.

Comment

We need to stop acting like the chili con carne that goes on top of beef or cheese enchiladas, is the same as actual chili meant to be eaten by the bowl.

Comment

My brother in law made "chili" last year, and put four full cans of four different types of beans in it. Then he got upset when I asked him when he was making the chili. He's from chicago. Not sure what all of you Texans' excuse is. Beans don't belong in chili.

Comment

sunday i made some of the famous "sahara chili" that won terlingua a few times, meat only, no other fillers. when it was time to eat my wife and son walked in and both of them said, "no beans?"

it was good, but i had it doctored up with some red onion, cilantro, and cheese.

next time it will have beans and some chunky diced tomato for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
            I'm not a fan of bean soup.

That’s a good thing because I didn’t make any soup!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              That’s a good thing because I didn’t make any soup!

Bisch

Okay. I don’t like beany meat soup either

Comment

I have always liked chili both with and without beans, that is if its good chili. Being from FL, there weren't any rules at all about chili. Even, alligator chili.

Comment

Wolf brand with or without..
                  I don't care, just pass the crackers..

Comment

Some of y’all would put ketchup on a ribeye. SMH.

Comment

Depends on how many people you are feeding. Beans stretch it out a lot farther.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        like not getting cheese on a burger....kidney beans for the win
                        with cheese its a cheeseburger, without its a hamburger,,,, its a simple difference but a big one if you dislike cheese as much as i do,,,,

Comment

OMG...it's like nachos without cheese now!!

The horror!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
                            Nobody here uses dried chili's?? I roast in cast iron to bloom then steep and blend to make a slurry for my chili. Also you don't use beans, tomatoes or any prepackaged garbage.

Real Texas Chili Recipe!!!

½ POUND SUET
                            2 POUNDS LEAN BEEF SHOULDER
                            1-POUND LEAN PORK SHOULDER
                            ¾-CUP FLOUR
                            1-TEASPOON SALT
                            ½-TEASPOON PEPPER
                            3 ONIONS CHOPPED
                            6 CLOVES GARLIC, MINCED,
                            1-1/2 QUART BEEF STOCK OR CANNED BEEF BROTH
                            4 DRIED ANCHO PEPPERS*
                            1 DRIED PASILLA PEPPER*
                            1 DRIED CASCABEL PEPPER*
                            1-TABLESPOON CRUSHED CUMIN SEEDS OR GROUND CUMIN

FRY SUET IN CAST IRON KETTLE. REMOVE SUET AND DISCARD. CUT MEAT INTO ½-INCH CUBES. COMBINE FLOUR, SALT, PEPPER IN BROWN PAPER BAG. ADD MEAT AND SHAKE TO COAT. SAVE REMAINING FLOUR. SEAR FLOURED MEAT IN HOT FAT, STIRRING TO PREVENT STICKING, ADD ONIONS AND GARLIC; COOK AND STIR UNTIL SOFT. ADD BEEF STOCK OR BROTH AND BRING TO A BOIL; THEN REDUCE HEAT AND SIMMER SLOWLY WHILE PREPARING PEPPERS.

WASH PEPPERS UNDER COOL RUNNING WATER; REMOVE STEMS AND SEEDS. BLOOM IN CAST IRON SKILLET; PUT IN A SAUCPAN; COVER WITH WATER AND BOIL FOR 5 MINUTES. LET STEEP 10 MINUTES. LIFT OUT PEPPERS AND GRIND OR PUREE, ADDING 1-1/2 CUPS WATER IN WHICH PEPPERS WERE COOKED. ADD TO MEAT, COVER AND SIMMER 2-3 HOURS OR UNTIL MEAT IS TENDER. GRIND CUMIN SEEDS USING A MORTAR AND PESTLE OR A HEAVY SPOON IN A CUP; ADD TO CHILI. ADD SALT TO TASTE. MIX FLOUR SAVED FROM BROWNIG MEAT (ABOUT ¼ CUP) WITH COLD WATER; ADD TO CHILI AND COOK 3 TO 5 MINUTES TO THICKEN. MAKES ABOUT 2-1/2 QUARTS.
                            This is the only recipe that is remotely to real chili I've seen on this thread. The rest has been ground beef chili soup or hot dog toppings.

Comment

Just happened to see this on Twitter. Household makes two pots of chili because they can't agree on beans or no beans.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                We need to stop acting like the chili con carne that goes on top of beef or cheese enchiladas, is the same as actual chili meant to be eaten by the bowl.

No we don't... We use it just the same with leftovers... Hot dogs, frito chili pie etc etc

Comment

Working...
                                X