2021 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    Aggies got their new leader. I love it. It will be interesting to see his salary now he’s at a public university.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m excited. SEC!

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
      I’m excited. SEC!
      This is what blows my mind. You hire a great coach and your thought is to promote your conference over your school.

Comment

2021 College Baseball

This is what blows my mind. You hire a great coach and your thought is to promote your conference over your school.

I am just poking fun at the Big 12, he was considered untouchable. It’s a huge hire for Texas A&M and I’m very excited. Some of the most frustrating, exciting recent series were TCU beating us. He’s a great coach and very excited for Texas A&M.
        Also, Promoting a conference is promoting your own school within that conference.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
          I am just poking fun at the Big 12, he was considered untouchable. It’s a huge hire for Texas A&M and I’m very excited. Some of the most frustrating, exciting recent series were TCU beating us. He’s a great coach and very excited for Texas A&M.
          Also, Promoting a conference is promoting your own school within that conference.

I must of missed the "untouchable" part.
          I thought some folks on here predicted that's where he would end up...

Comment

Nobody is untouchable in the coaching world. Ags did good. Hope TCU doesn’t go backwards. Know two kids there now

Comment

I like Dan Heefner, DBU HC and Kirk Sarrloos, current TCU pitching coach off the top to replace Schloss. I would think TCU would be a pretty attractive job for most. Not sure of the Cons but the Pros: Pay, Facilities, Conference, Location and wouldn't be a rebuild assuming you could keep the wheels turning.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                Nobody is untouchable in the coaching world. Ags did good. Hope TCU doesn’t go backwards. Know two kids there now
                You’re right. Untouchable is not the correct term, I just know it was huge hire for the Ags.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                  I like Dan Heefner, DBU HC and Kirk Sarrloos, current TCU pitching coach off the top to replace Schloss. I would think TCU would be a pretty attractive job for most. Not sure of the Cons but the Pros: Pay, Facilities, Conference, Location and wouldn't be a rebuild assuming you could keep the wheels turning.

TCU says they will have a National search but these two guys are right under their nose and cheaper than Schloss.

They probably will enjoy a breath of fresh air in the program.

Comment

The most awesome postgame interview ever.

Comment

2021 College Baseball

TCU says they will have a National search but these two guys are right under their nose and cheaper than Schloss.

Sarloos has had many opportunities to go take head positions. I think it’s always been an unwritten deal that when Schloss’s time was up, he’d be the guy. But his dad passed away last year I believe and rumor also has it he may retire to go help run family business and spend more time with family.
                      Last edited by Full Throttle; 06-09-2021, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                        The most awesome postgame interview ever.

Had me lmao. I bet he'd be fun to have a few beers with.

Comment

Heefner has got to be making some decent money at DBU. Didnt he turn down Baylor 5 or 6 years ago?

Comment

Both great options. I'm not sure Dan would leave DBU for TCU.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              Heath. They needed it bad. Was there with kid in 17 or 18 and what they had for athletes was not quality. Most of the training area looked to be hand downs from football. With Texas history and money they did ignore baseball it appeared. Baylor has good digs. OSU also spent some $$$ and has an awesome place. Id put there facility at the top of what I have been through. There is alot more to a baseball facility than a chairback for a fan to sit in. As far as fan experience “The Box” has been the top of list. The Cajuns show up. There athlete facility is also top quality. Ill admit I have not been to the Disch since 19 and have not been under 1st since before that

Well the good thing is we can now drop the Texas facilities "used to be" talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                                Heefner has got to be making some decent money at DBU. Didnt he turn down Baylor 5 or 6 years ago?
                                He's interviewed for every job in the state that has been available at one point or another.

Comment

Working...
                                X