2021 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
    Or maybe A&M puts in the legwork and homework and goes out and finds the next big coach instead of trying to hire a big name.
    I’m sure this has been done, it’s not their first rodeo.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Everybody willl deny interest while they’re still in the mix for postseason at their current school.

I’ll be curious to see how it plays out after the CWS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      So you think he had no interest in Texas but is interested in A&M? In baseball? Come on man.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        So you think he had no interest in Texas but is interested in A&M? In baseball? Come on man.

I don’t know the man. Honestly, I’m not even really sure which one we’re talking about ("everybody" is pretty general, in nature.) I have no idea what “his” interest level in Texas was or A&M is. I suspect neither does anybody else on this site...about any of them.

Last edited by Michael; 05-24-2021, 08:32 PM.
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

2021 College Baseball

Tad is out, he must be talking Schloss. Texas went at Tad and caused a lot of raises.

The right fella is coaching at Texas. They’re doing just fine. He was at Tulane to refresh folks memory.
          He has 2 Big 12 titles in four years. He can **** a fan off coaching 3rd, but what coach doesn’t...

Aggies will go a similar route for success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Last edited by Chad C; 05-24-2021, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
            Or maybe A&M puts in the legwork and homework and goes out and finds the next big coach instead of trying to hire a big name.
            I'd be interested to see what names turned up on such a list! You just don't hear a ton about those guys...or no one knows who they are until they prove it at a bigger job.

Aggy won't do it though, to big a gamble for an AD, imo. It may not be their first rodeo, but they aint been winning any buckles either.
            Last edited by Dale Moser; 05-24-2021, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              I don’t know the man. Honestly, I’m not even really sure which one we’re talking about ("everybody" is pretty general, in nature.) I have no idea what “his” interest level in Texas was or A&M is. I suspect neither does anybody else on this site...about any of them.

[emoji6]

Comment

Really happy to see the news out of Lubbock today. I never thought he would leave for the A&M job, however the LSU job did worry me a bit had it opened prior to him extending. Not meaning that as a shot at A&M by any means, just never thought he would be a good fit there. He proved today (hopefully once and for all) that he is a Tech guy and is not interested in going anywhere else. Hope A&M lands a good coach that will do well. College baseball is so much better when all the bigger programs in Texas are competitive.

Comment

Hearing it's a roling 7 yr contract that will pay Tadlock north of 1.2 per. They are also about to dump 20 mil into a new clubhouse and redo the concourse area at Dan Law. Good to see them give Tadlock the resources he wants

Comment

2021 College Baseball

Originally posted by raider19 View Post
                    Hearing it's a roling 7 yr contract that will pay Tadlock north of 1.2 per. They are also about to dump 20 mil into a new clubhouse and redo the concourse area at Dan Law. Good to see them give Tadlock the resources he wants

This! It’s how you win!

Good stuff. There were programs that lost tens of millions this last year!

Good to see Tech boost baseball, I’ve got a friend who’s kid is headed that way once his HS season ends....

Last edited by Chad C; 05-24-2021, 09:43 PM.

Comment

I like the idea of Vitello getting that job. Think he would do well, although I will admit that I don't follow the program that close. If you got Vitello, you would probably get Frank Anderson who is currently his pitching coach at Tennessee. Anderson was my pitching coach at Tech and is an outstanding recruiter and coach. He had really good runs at Tech, Texas (under Garido), Houston, OK State and now Tennessee. Would be a great hire IMO

Comment

I’d say our head football coach hire has been pretty good hire, but this year and next will really be the test. As far as baseball coaches, we’ve only had 3 since 1959...Chandler, Johnson and Childress. Hoping the new one brings in some kids that can hit, we’ve not had a lineup of really good hitters since 1988-89, with Thompson, Knoblauch, Taylor and Byington.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                          I’d say our head football coach hire has been pretty good hire, but this year and next will really be the test. As far as baseball coaches, we’ve only had 3 since 1959...Chandler, Johnson and Childress. Hoping the new one brings in some kids that can hit, we’ve not had a lineup of really good hitters since 1988-89, with Thompson, Knoblauch, Taylor and Byington.

I don’t think Marshall is working, is he? [emoji14]

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                            I don’t think Marshall is working, is he? [emoji14]
                            Jason?

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                              Jason?
                              Yes. It's a shame he couldn't do more with the UTSA program.

Comment

Did a google search for a list of A&M candidates and it landed me on TxAgs.com and wow lol. The level of entitlement and arrogance on some of those posts is nuts lol. First and last time for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X