No announcement yet.

2021 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEC stuff is just fun. You have great venues, rivalries, and passionate fans and the across the board pride in belonging to the conference. As the conference does well, so do the teams that belong in it $$$$$. TV exposure/demand feed more money to each school. Which in turn allows them to build better facilities and hire great coaches. As the monster gets bigger, recruits tend to flock to the SEC schools to play in a conference with better overall competition and fan support. Rising tide lifts all boats and the monster grows.

Plus the fact it gets under the skin of other conference fans. That makes it fun too. Just like everyone doing the saw'em off horn sign. Which I feel is more popular now than before all the crying that was done about it.

Congratulations to the longhorns on a great season and having a great baseball program.
    Last edited by Beargrasstx; 06-26-2021, 08:59 PM. Reason: congratulate horns on season

Comment

The draft will take players that usually are not eligible. Most of those list as Soph are draft eligible this year by age.

I hate seeing what has happened at the WS- Tonights game was great baseball. Ill watch next week but some of the excitement has left after the NC State deal

Comment

For me personally it is about good baseball. I think NC State was hosed....somehow. This year as with many years showed us there is an abundance of talent all over. Stanford, Arizona, NC State.....I was shocked with the Arkansas loss but that’s Baseball. I want to see good if not great games. I thought this was a fantastic season for College Baseball overall. No doubt the SEC has great talent but on any given day a great team can be beat.....see Arkansas.

Comment

Tried to do a double post....slow internet.

Comment

I know Vandy had nothing to do with it but from a few of my buddies in Omaha it sounds like they have their work cut out for them as it sounds like the entire town is backing the dawgs “for earning this opportunity”

Comment

Disappointed for my Horns. Great game tonight. I feel terrible for NC State. What a hose job.

Comment

Well……guess the Horns won’t have to worry about that pesky little asterisk now! Had a good run though!

Comment

Wonder what the NCAA will decide to do today to stain the WS more. Vandy goes in with a big advantage for a team getting there from the losers bracket.

Comment

With the BS that happened to the Wolfpack, do the Miss State Bulldogs also need to be vaccinated for parvo, rabies, and especially kennel cough to be considered 'fully vaccinated" in the eyes of the NCAA?

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      Wonder what the NCAA will decide to do today to stain the WS more. Vandy goes in with a big advantage for a team getting there from the losers bracket.
                      Sizable advantage to start the first game for sure. Commentators said that Rocker may not even pitch in the series. If that third game is played my guess he absolutely will at some point. Bednar for Miss St may not see the mound until that third game as well if the series goes that far. I am pulling for Miss St. The enthusiasm and crowd they bring is great.

Comment

Leiter would have been blown yesterday win or loose (Vandy). Who knows how much bullpen gets hit. Rocker available for Game 3 if it got that far. That would have put Vandy in a bullpen game one if the first 2. Miss St blew their #1 yesterday so he may be available Game 3.

Is what it is I guess. And what does vaccinated matter at this point? NC State has players that had the shot pop hot. At this point I would think everyone involved gets their brain tickled today to see who is available for tomorrow. Daily test from here just like in the Conference tourneys, Regionals, and Supers

Comment

It would be interesting to find out if every team got tested for the China virus and the frequency of the testing or was NC State the only team that got tested. I don't trust the testing results especially with so many positive tests of vaccinated players. NCAA definitely a **** show that gets more stuff wrong than right.

Comment

You think that was a “see what we can do, when you don’t require the vaccine” moment? It almost seems like a vindictive move by the Health Dept. I know Texas team was vaccinated, was Vandy and MSU?

What would be great, would be if Vandy & MSU showed up for the game and then refused to come out of the dugout in protest to the ncaa and what they did to NCS. Fantasy land, I know.

Comment

I just don't seem to remember teams not having a fresh rotation in the champ series. Is it different this year? They should push it out to next weekend.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                                It would be interesting to find out if every team got tested for the China virus and the frequency of the testing or was NC State the only team that got tested. I don't trust the testing results especially with so many positive tests of vaccinated players. NCAA definitely a **** show that gets more stuff wrong than right.
                                The deal was every team got tested the day they arrived in Omaha. If vaccinated you were not to get tested again. If not vaccinated you got tested every 48 hours. If someone were to test positive the whole team was to get tested again.

Comment

Working...
                                X