This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rvd View Post
    I know nothing about those kids but the only scholarship offer a d1 school can make is a full.
    nah, clevelands older brother was a preferred walk on at OK state a few years ago....

Do you know what an NCAA Preferred Walk-on means? NCAA Rules Expert & Founder of Informed Athlete, Rick Allen explains what it means and how it can affect your eligibility.

edit: to clarify i didnt say "scholarship offer" in my post, just an offer, thats what is posted on social media. i have seen a few other dfw athletes post about getting an offer and it was as a pref. wallkon

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      I agree the transfer portal changes the way the QBs are handled. Just because a QB signs with a school, the chances of him staying there are drastically less in todays transfer portal market.

For example if I was a QB I would commit to say an OU (assuming they would take my commitment) and go learn from Lincoln Riley for a year or two. After spending a year or two in a college work out program and learning from a top QB coach, I would then scan the landscape that has the best chance of getting on the field my last 2-3 years of eligibility.
      I agree completely - I think Burrow succeeding made it even more acceptable.

Honestly makes a lot of sense as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
        nah, clevelands older brother was a preferred walk on at OK state a few years ago....

https://informedathlete.com/ncaa-preferred-walk-on/
        That's not for scholly.

Comment

any of you TCU guys know any details on the offers to the 2 Rockwall Heath kids? full? partial? preferred walk on? just curious

sorry, they are corbin cleveland-WR and grady brewer-LB.
          Fulls, They've offered Jay Fair also, who will be the gem of the group IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
            Too early to offer PWO's

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              That's not for scholly.
              gotcha, i think the kids still consider it an offer though.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                he looks the part for sure, great player.

Comment

Jimbo may take 2 QB's. I think it is too early to tell but that could change after baseball season if the scouts keep moving this kid up. I don't think Weigman is scared of competition and Jimbo likely would have told him if they plan to take 2.

I know Sark is a west coast guy and all but I'd be all over Klubnik if I was him. This kid out of Calli doesn't have much film. Like 30 snaps at varsity level if I read correct.

Comment

gotcha, i think the kids still consider it an offer though.
                    And the kid and their parents consider a form letter in the mail as being recruited.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post

I know Sark is a west coast guy and all but I'd be all over Klubnik if I was him. This kid out of Calli doesn't have much film. Like 30 snaps at varsity level if I read correct.
                      Dangit, someone better call Sark and let him know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                        Jimbo may take 2 QB's. I think it is too early to tell but that could change after baseball season if the scouts keep moving this kid up. I don't think Weigman is scared of competition and Jimbo likely would have told him if they plan to take 2.

Murphy is the take, hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                          I agree completely - I think Burrow succeeding made it even more acceptable.

Honestly makes a lot of sense as well.
                          Joe's case was a bit different from the thousands of disgruntled underclassmen who entered the "Transfer Portal". Most CFB players have been pampered their entire life. They've been constantly reminded how they're the next Emmitt Smith, Ray Lewis, or Charles Woodson. After seeing little playing time following 1 year on campus, they get pizzed-off and decide to transfer because they don't want to wait their turn or share playing time.

Joe was smart enough to graduate in 3 years from tOSU. After earning his college diploma, he became eligible as a "graduate transfer". Jalen Hurts did the same thing. Not all schools are able to accept Graduate transfers. Joe enrolled in Graduate School at LSU and he studied CFB film 24 hours a day. He wasn't chasing poontang or going out to the bars acting like an 18-yr-old privileged athlete. His cerebral mentality on the field confirmed he pretty much knew every play the defense was running. Dude was a rare breed as the stars lined up perfectly for Joe and LSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                            I agree the transfer portal changes the way the QBs are handled. Just because a QB signs with a school, the chances of him staying there are drastically less in todays transfer portal market.

For example if I was a QB I would commit to say an OU (assuming they would take my commitment) and go learn from Lincoln Riley for a year or two. After spending a year or two in a college work out program and learning from a top QB coach, I would then scan the landscape that has the best chance of getting on the field my last 2-3 years of eligibility.
                            This is what's happening in HS as well. Before I had kids I would have been in the "if you want to play, work harder" camp. My tune has changed the last few years now that I have boys and since I've been pretty close with the HS teams here and see how these things shake out sometimes.

In some situations, I definitely don't blame some kids for transferring.

Comment

This is what's happening in HS as well. Before I had kids I would have been in the "if you want to play, work harder" camp. My tune has changed the last few years now that I have boys and since I've been pretty close with the HS teams here and see how these things shake out sometimes.

In some situations, I definitely don't blame some kids for transferring.
                              This has been my take as well. There could be a lot of different reasons to transfer, and the bottom line should be what is best for the kid/young adult.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
                                281-330-8004
                                Well played

Comment

Working...
                                X