This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
    How dare the list maker not put a blue blood like Texas in the top tier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know its gotta be just a last year's list to even have A&M on the page let alone in the 3rd tier....

Comment

They lost me at Utah...

Comment

ANOTHER Texan to tOSU - CB Terrance Brooks out of Little Elm.

Little Elm is producing some guys! At least recruiting wise.

Comment

It’s official…. Let the games begin!

NCAA policy now allows college athletes to monetize their name, image and likeness, at all three divisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

NCAA policy now allows college athletes to monetize their name, image and likeness, at all three divisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            And there goes college sports

Comment

It is going to be the Wild Wild West.

My concern is if players will worry more about their play on the field / development / winning or their NIL payment.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                It is going to be the Wild Wild West.

My concern is if players will worry more about their play on the field / development / winning or their NIL payment.
                These teams better have a few Accountants on staff for taxes and all that jazz as well.

Guys like Tebow and Manziel would have never even needed to play pro ball, lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                  These teams better have a few Accountants on staff for taxes and all that jazz as well.

Guys like Tebow and Manziel would have never even needed to play pro ball, lol ...
                  The tax implications will be a big part of this. Even if they take produce instead of cash (food, drink, swag, etc), they will have to pay taxes on those goods.

I read that Alabama players will have the option of a 1 time (I assume per year) payment of $10,000 (basically selling their rights to the school) or participate in the NIL. This is a great way to get some of your lesser known guys paid.

Comment

I cant say that I look forward to seeing sponsorship's all over guys jerseys.

Comment

I cant say that I look forward to seeing sponsorship's all over guys jerseys.
                      It is my understanding they can not use the school in their advertisements / sponsorship. So if a Texas player appears in an ad, he can not have a University of Texas T-shirt on. He may have an orange shirt on, or a jersey with his number, but no school name on it and not use the University logo.

The University can not setup the NIL for the players. They have to do the deals on their own.

One of the things that most people are missing is the players will be able to offer camps and clinics. So if you wanted to pay Austin Todd to help with Hagen's swing you could do that.

Comment

The tax implications will be a big part of this. Even if they take produce instead of cash (food, drink, swag, etc), they will have to pay taxes on those goods.

I read that Alabama players will have the option of a 1 time (I assume per year) payment of $10,000 (basically selling their rights to the school) or participate in the NIL. This is a great way to get some of your lesser known guys paid.
                        Having to pay taxes will definitely reduce otherwise nontaxable income . . JFF made $30k/mo and no tax . .

Comment

Man these players blowing up the promos today on social media lol little schools don’t stand a chance now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is my understanding they can not use the school in their advertisements / sponsorship. So if a Texas player appears in an ad, he can not have a University of Texas T-shirt on. He may have an orange shirt on, or a jersey with his number, but no school name on it and not use the University logo.

The University can not setup the NIL for the players. They have to do the deals on their own.

One of the things that most people are missing is the players will be able to offer camps and clinics. So if you wanted to pay Austin Todd to help with Hagen's swing you could do that.
                            They will be allowed to put badging/logos on their jerseys.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                              They will be allowed to put badging/logos on their jerseys.
                              Interesting. I had not seen this.

I can't believe a school would let them add a logo to co-brand with the University.

Comment

Interesting. I had not seen this.

I can't believe a school would let them add a logo to co-brand with the University.
                                I swear I just read that somewhere, but I can't find it now.

Comment

Working...
                                X