Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who remembers the Monterrey House Candy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    I hung out with my cousins on Sandydale, Connorvale, Orange Grove. Then ended up policing those same streets.
    Yes sir. Different neighborhood now then it was then. My dad caught some " neighbors " trying to peep in my sisters window back in about 1982. He went outside and stood at the end of our drive and emptied a m1 garand in their roof. They moved out the next morning.
    Dont ever remember seeing cops as a kid.

Chew you remember the guy that had all the exotic animals near grantham middle school. He was there long before school was. We would see him at corner store with his lion laying on the hood of his car.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      How about the Jackson Hole off first street in Humble. Hand down the best chicken fried steak ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! Agreed 100%

Comment

Ah yes, my parents used to take us to the one in Pasadena on Southmore in the early 80’. If you didn’t live it you will never know what it was all about!

Comment

Monterreys little Mexico was the best Mexican food in Humble back in the day! I don’t remember the candy in the chips though?? We must’ve had good waiters that replaced the chip basket before it was empty I miss that place. Manuel’s off 1960 wasn’t bad either!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy1123 View Post
            Monterreys little Mexico was the best Mexican food in Humble back in the day! I don’t remember the candy in the chips though?? We must’ve had good waiters that replaced the chip basket before it was empty I miss that place. Manuel’s off 1960 wasn’t bad either!

It was when they where “Monterey House”, the Dulce de leche in the chip baskets stopped a few years prior to the rebranding to “Little Mexico”.

Comment

Working...
            X