No announcement yet.

IVF Medication Cost Rant/Beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you good lord for allowing this family to add one.

Comment

You just thought IVF was expensive… you have a baby now. You are about to learn what expensive is, but at least it’s a boy.

Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        You just thought IVF was expensive… you have a baby now. You are about to learn what expensive is, but at least it’s a boy.

Congrats
        ^^^^^
        TRUE. Boy or girl, dollars going out dbl time from 5/6yrs on til become self providers.

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We spent well over 25k on IVF. There’s a time and a place and IVF wasn’t it for us. Hagen came along 3 months after a failed IVF and then Berk with zero assist.

I’m 45 with an 11 and 8 year old. Married 22 years. Life is good and I wouldn’t change a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats man and nothing like having a little one of ypur own. We spent some change trying to have a little one ourselves only to lose time and time again. Gave it up to God stopped all the treatment bs and low and behold we were blessed with our little boy a short time later.

Comment

What a cutie! Congrats to y’all!

Comment

Rainbow baby. Very special, gives closure to the darkness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats. We had similar issues having a kid. It’s rough. Hard on the wife for sure. Nothing like having a kid though. Best thing ever.

Comment

Congrats brother!

Wife and I were in the same boat as y’all. 6 years of trying, one miscarriage and IVF was our only remaining option. Tricare doesn’t cover IVF, so we were out of pocket. Only got 1 viable embryo. May 14th our daughter was born. Luckily I got home at 2pm the day prior from this EUCOM rotation and she went into labor the next morning. It’s a long, emotional/physical painful and expensive road, but so worth it.

Anyone looking into it I highly suggest searching out places to see if you can make the financial side of things easier for you. We were in Savannah, GA when we started this and they quoted us over $20k for an IVF cycle. We were at Ft Rucker, AL when we finally started everything, but we moved to Temple in May ‘21. My wife went back there for all of August last year, we paid for lodging and it was STILL way cheaper than any other options near us. $13k and liked the doctor better.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                          X